[Solved] Printing a PDF and specifying paper tray

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
mgrant1971

[Solved] Printing a PDF and specifying paper tray

Post by mgrant1971 »

Hi,

I've downloaded PDF Creator .Net as a demo to test feasability for a project. I'm attempting to open a PDF and print it to a printer using a specific bin. I've seen older posts that look like you need to set each page's PaperBin attribute, but this has not worked successfully for me as of yet.

Below is a sample of what I'm attempting.

oTest = New Amyuni.PDFCreator.IacDocument
oTest.Open(fs, "")

Dim iPageCount As Integer
For iPageCount = 1 To oTest.PageCount
oTest.GetPage(iPageCount).AttributeByName("PaperBin").Value = 3
Next
oTest.Print("HP LaserJet 4050 Series PCL6", False)

I have also tried using a PaperBin value of 261, which translates to Tray 2. In all cases, my printer defaults the printing from Tray 3.

Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.
David
Amyuni Team

Re: Printing a PDF and specifying paper tray

Post by David »

Hello

One thing to check is that the tray that you printing to has the papersize that corresponds to the page that you are printing i.e. trying to print a legal page when tray only accepts letter size.

If you continue to encounter the problem, you can send your document to our support department (suppport@amyuni.com) and they will assist you in troubleshooting the issue.

Hope that helps?
David
Amyuni Custom Development
Do you need a specific PDF solution? Are you looking for expertise that will enable you to start or complete a PDF integration project?
http://www.amyuni.com/en/company/services.php
mgrant1971

Re: Printing a PDF and specifying paper tray

Post by mgrant1971 »

Thanks for the response,

Unfortunately, when I was preparing my test app for bundling to send to support, it began working. I don't know what I did, or what happened, but I swear I am not crazy. :wink:

I was just removing some comments I had left, and some extraneous code that has nothing to do with this workflow.

Anyway, my code appears to work now. I must have done something wrong somewhere, and it is now corrected.

Thanks again.