[Solved] Inserting an object at the top of an existing Page

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
jmsantos

[Solved] Inserting an object at the top of an existing Page

Post by jmsantos »

Folks,

Not sure how to quite solve this. I have a bunch of existing PDFs that I'm trying to modify. My goal is to add a small bit of text at the very top of every existing page within the PDF... basically a page header. I have been playing around with the PDFCreator and have been able to successfully write text inside the PDF... but not insert something at the very top.

Is there a way to do this? Insert something at the very top of a page? I imagine I would need to scale the rest of the elements on the page so that they would still fit on one page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Jeff
mtsdave

Post by mtsdave »

If you're looking to just overlay it on top of everything else, then you can just add your element and then use the bring to front function.

If you're looking to add, say an inch, to the top of the page, then you would need to iterate through each element in your file and adjust them according to the scaled amount. I use the following to iterate through the items in vb

Code: Select all

thepage = "Pages[1]"
theobjects = Ppdf.ObjectAttribute(thepage, "Objects")
For Each singleobject In theobjects
     Adjust each items property accordingly
next
jmsantos

Post by jmsantos »

Thanks for the reply!

I ended up doing as you indicated.. looping over each object on the page, and scaling it down accordingly. Lucky for me, there was only 1 image object.. so it was cake.

Thanks!