Font smoothing

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
ShanePoad

Font smoothing

Post by ShanePoad »

Is there a way to turn on font smoothing in the viewer/editor. I have a PDF document using a non-standard font that looks very nice in Adobe Reader. The same PDF file looks horrible in Amyuni. The font looks thin and jagged in Amyuni. When I turn off Windows font smoothing Adobe looks the same way. So, I figured font smoothing must not be currently enabled in Amyuni.

Any ideas.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Unfortunately, font smoothing will not have an effect on our PDF Creator currently.

This might be added to future versions of the PDF Creator.
ShanePoad

Affects user perception of product

Post by ShanePoad »

Since the font I mentioned is one we use on all our printed output, and the end user sees the results daily, it is a user perception that our product is not as good as free Adobe. This issue is a growing concern and cannot be ignored. I sincerely hope something is done soon.

On a technical note: bolded characters using this font appear to be "smoothed", and look like that produced by Adobe reader. The font works fine in Word and many other tools.

On a business note: the atypically high purchase and maintenance costs of using Amyuni tools creates high expectations. "Get what you pay for" would be the phrase. To put a finer point on it, I am paid up until next summer and the decision to renew will be based on the resolution of things like this.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Shane,

I definitely understand your point of view, however the forum is not the right place to get bugs fixed or issues resolved.

We can't say this is a bug because the feature is not implemented in the product.

As smoothed font is an important issue for you I suggest that you submit a request to our Technical Support Team support@amyuni.com that will be reviewed by our Development Manager and processed accordingly.

You are absolutely right about fulfilling customers' expectations, this is precisely why we give our customers the possibility to fully try our products before purchasing them, customers can actually do the full implementation of our tools in their products and get full technical support before even making any purchase.

When possible, our development team is highly flexible in terms of implementing features requested by our customers, so I encourage you to send your request email.

Hope this helps.[/url]
ShanePoad

Tech Support

Post by ShanePoad »

Well I sent this information to tech support almost two weeks ago and haven't had a reply yet.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Shane,

I will follow up on this internally to check if your email reached out Support Team.

Have a nice weekend.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Shane,

I checked about this issue, unfortunately our Technical Support team didn't receive any email from you.

Please resend us your message and put me on CC.
ShanePoad

Hmmmmm nothing is working eh?

Post by ShanePoad »

Interesting, my email is not received and yet I did not receive a failure notification.

You posted this response on the forum and I did not receive a notification about this reply ( like I requested on forum post).

I will send the email again.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

I am sorry for not notifying you by email about my reply. In general i reply to forum posts only in the forum, I don't send notifications by email as the forum user may choose to get notified automatically when his or her post are answered.
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark
ShanePoad

automated email

Post by ShanePoad »

Joan, I don't expect you to email me unless we pre-arranged that. I expected the forum program to email me when you replied. As one might expect, developers these days use many tools from many companies and belong to all their forumns. It would be inefficient to check in on each forum on a daily basis.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Shane,

Our forum notifies you automatically when you receive a reply on your post if you select 'Notify me when a reply is posted' while writing your post. To try this i checked the 'Notify me...' when writing this post and i will see if i will be notified when you reply.
Custom Brand the Amyuni PDF Printer Driver http://www.amyuni.com/en/developer/branding/index.html

Amyuni PDF Converter tested for true PDF performance. View results - http://www.amyuni.com/benchmark
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Shane,

For Font smoothing, this is a feature that i will suggest to our Project Manager.

I can't tell at the moment if it will be implemented in our next version or not but I can promise you to make it reach the right persons to study the possibilty of adding it to the next version.

ShanePoad

It should notify

Post by ShanePoad »

Joan, I know how to use it, and it worked in the past. My point was it didn't work that time. When you replied several weeks ago, I was not notified. You posted two replies today, I received one notification. Not sure from which post.

Just thought someone would like to know it wasn't always working.

Shane.