Solved: Rotate in 300

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
peterwegrzyn

Solved: Rotate in 300

Post by peterwegrzyn »

I've for a acrobat distller PDF (version 7.0.5) created from a Visio file. Using another software tool (PDF Toolkit) I notice the page is to display at 11.5 horizontal by 8.5 vertical using Rotate. So the page height is 11.5" and the width is 8.5, rotate returns 90.

I opened the document with Amyuni. Checking .rotate in Amyuni returns 0, changing it to another value makes no difference. If immediately saved, the top page of the page is lost, its a 8.5x8.5 page shown in portrait.

If merged with another PDF, the page is treated as landscape page, but it sizes it to be 8.5"x 8.5". part of the page is chopped off.

So basically Amyuni doen't seem to handle rotated pages. Is there any way around this?
peterwegrzyn

Post by peterwegrzyn »

I've sent this as a support incident and now its a week that I've been waiting for a response.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The PDF Creator supports rotation. We need to check your file to see exactly what is happening.

Last week we had some problems in our mail server and consequently some of the emails sent by our customers may have been lost or are waiting to be processed.

I suggest that you resend your email to our support team.

I will move this post to the PDF Creator forum.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Is my assumption right that you are using the PDF Creator to open the file and check the rotation?
peterwegrzyn

Post by peterwegrzyn »

I've sent you an email with the file and details.
gcampey

Rotate losing page

Post by gcampey »

I'm also having problems with the rotate function.

Open a file, go to page view, select page, enter design mode, click rotate 180 degrees - all fine.

If I then however click 'rotate 180 degrees' again, the page disappears and there is no 'undo' available.

help.
gcampey

Post by gcampey »

any updates on this? I'm still having problems with the rotate function - pages just seem to disappar whenever you try to do more than one rotation.

The other problem I have is that when you rotate, it only rotates the contents of the page, not the page orientation as well. Which means that if you click away, you lost half the page of information. Is there going to be a 'page rotate' function ever or should I just go and buy Acrobat?
David
Amyuni Team

Post by David »

Hello

The page rotation problem that you are encountering has been fixed in v3.01a which is currently available on the site.

Hope that helps?
David