Huge file size

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
r_pawlak

Huge file size

Post by r_pawlak »

Using PDFconverter. I create a pdf file about 2.5MB in size containing 30 pages.
If I open and save it using PdfCreator (without making any changes to it).
The file is now 30MB.
How do i keep the file size from bloating?
Why is there no compression option in PDFCreator? :cry:
r_pawlak

Post by r_pawlak »

:oops: As with my other comment... Setting the correct save option resolves this issue.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I will add some more information about the save as option in the PDF Creator for other users who will be facing this issue.

When saving a pdf file from the PDF Creator, you can choose between 4 modes: View Only, Design Only, View and Design mode and the default mode of the document:

View mode only (1) : The document can be viewed with any PDF Viewer but all the design data such as Ole objects, connections, ect... is lost. The document size is optimal in this case

Design mode only (2): The document can be opened, viewed and edited only with the Amyuni PDF Creator, all the desing information are kept, but it will open as blank page in other PDF viewers. The document size will be large in this case

View and Design mode (0): The pdf document can be viewed in any PDF viewer including the Amyuni PDF Creator and the design data is retained. Definitely, in this case, the document size will also be large.

Default mode (-1): Take the save option stored in the document object, ie one of the 3 options above.

Thanks.
mahpet

Post by mahpet »

Joan - It will be great if the documentation is enhanced to include the kind of detail you have given here which is excellent. Generally the documentation is good on describing the API interfaces but poor on detail about the consequences of one setting versus another.

Out of interest I had previously raised the "large files" issue with support and didn't get any satisfactory improvement until I visited the forum yesterday and saw that someone else had raised the issue just recently.

Also out of interest I've raised some bug issues with support today about saving with view iformation only - if you subsequently open another file and save, it gets saved as blank. I have a workaround which others might be interested in - save each file twice, - first with design information then with view only information.