Error calling external object function name

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
alexmak

Error calling external object function name

Post by alexmak »

I am trying to export pdf files to jpg format using code below:

for i = 1 to upperbound(ls_print_order)
ole_pdf.object.open(ls_print_order, "")
ole_pdf.object.optimizedocument(0)
ls_temp = ls_temp + string(i) + 'avanue_batch_printing.jpg'
ole_pdf.object.exporttojpeg(ls_temp, 600, 9)
ole_pdf.object.clearpage(i)
next

But the exporttojpeg causes a "Error calling external object function name" error in powerbuilder 9. I am using latest version. This error happens on the first pdf opened. This pdf is created from powerbuilder. Is there something that I am missing?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Are you calling SetLicenseKey after the open command and you just ommited it from the code above?

please check that ls_temp is computed properly at run time. Please note that ExportToJpeg() doesn't create the directory or folder in which to store the jpeg file, this should already exist on the sytem, it only creats the jpeg file.

Hope this helps.
alexmak

Post by alexmak »

I am calling the SetLicenseKey before the open command and ls_temp does compute to a valid path. I have also tried to hardcode the path in the first parameter as well, but still gives me an error.
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

I suspect that your issue maybe related to the activation codes you are using.

The ExportToJpeg feature requires the JPEG export module to be enabled within the activation codes. However this module is not part of the product and needs to be purchased separately.

Hope this helps?
alexmak

Post by alexmak »

That would be the reason why it's not working in code or thru the stand alone exe. Thank you.