Cannot print PDF file generated by PDF Creator

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
alexmak

Cannot print PDF file generated by PDF Creator

Post by alexmak »

I am using 2.0g-4 and occationally, some PDF files created on a client's machine is not able to be printed. In one PDF file, I am able to open with Adobe Reader 7 and all pages can be view and everything seems fine, but I cannot print the file if I print all pages. If I print the file in parts, I am able to print, for example pages 1 - 10 and then 11 - 21.

In another PDF file, I am able to again open with Adobe Reader 7, but scrolling thru the pages, I come across a "Wrong Operand Type" message window from Adobe and the page is either blank or has blank sections in it. I believe this error prevents me from printing this page entirely. I have to print around this error, for example pages 1 - 29 and then 31 - 71, if page 30 had the error on it.

These created PDF files are created using a series of Powerbuilder created PDF files and externally created PDF files provided to the client. These files are appended together using PDF Creator and no changes are made to these files.
alexmak

Post by alexmak »

Forgot to mention when I print all pages from the file that displays ok and does not have the "Wrong Operand Type" error, I only get the first 2 pages and then a error on the printer lcd. The error is "Error Type Check Offending Command Cshow Stack PDF..." and then it seems like a stack dump. If you would like the entire error message, please let me know.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I believe you are getting these errors because you are appending or processing some files that the PDF Creator do not support in version 2.0g-4. Our new version of the PDF Creator (2.01) supports a wider range of pdf files, I suggest that you update your version to the latest one this will lower considerably the number of errors you are getting.
alexmak

Post by alexmak »

I am now using the new dll's (version 2.01-b), but it still creates files that have one or more blank pages or incomplete files in them. I am just overwritting the 3 dll's with the newer version and then re-registering the dll's. Would there also be a conflict if the compiled powerbuilder application had the older PDF creator inserted as a OLE object when used with the newer dll's? Is there anything else that I would do when updating to new dll's?

Some files that get created seem to randomly crash adobe reader 6 and 7 as well.

There are so some pdf files created that display fine and open properly, but when printing to a printer, it only prints the first 2 pages and then the same error as mentioned before:

ERROR: typecheck
OFFENDING COMMAND: cshow

STACK:
-dictionary-
{pdf remove2 pdf str1 --exch-- 0 --exch-- --put-- pdf str1/
_pdf_showproc --load-- --exec-- {_pdf_na _pdf_i --get-- }--stopped-- {--
pop-- --pop-- }{ pdf x pdf y --moveto-- 0 --rmoveto-- }--ifelse--
pdf i 1 --add-- /_pdf_i xdd --currentpoint-- /_pdf_y xdd /_pdf_x xdd }
-savelevel-

Not sure if the error means anything, but I thought I'd include.

This final pdf file is created by appending powerbuilder generated pdf files with client provided pdf files, between 50 - 100+ are appened together in using the PDF ole object in powerbuilder. Is there a limit to the number of files that can be appended at one time? By limit, I mean in regards to stability of application, memory usage, and stability of pdf created.

I know I and going off in random directions here, but it's hard for me to pin point an exact cause of these created pdf file errors. Thank you for your understanding.