PDFCreativeX.DLL

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
Gino Verbeke

PDFCreativeX.DLL

Post by Gino Verbeke »

I am using pdfcreativeX Class within powerbuilder (10) to print pdf-documents.
Now we have some documents generated with a Canon-scanner which we can open and print via acrobat reader but not through the pdfcrativeX ole object used in our applications.
This opens and prints a 'blank' page instead of the pdf itself.
We are using Amyuni version 2.1.0.9, but I noticed that some of the dll's are refering to a version 1.5.0.9.
(files are of date 07/07/2004)
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks,
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Gino,

Each new version of the PDF Creator supports new PDF files. I suggest that you first try to check that all the dlls your have on your system are for version 2.1.0.9, specially the ones registered on your system and used by your application.

If the file is still opening as blank please send it to us at support@amyuni.com so we can check it.

Hope this helps.
Gino Verbeke

Type of pdf

Post by Gino Verbeke »

Even within acrobat reader itself there are problems printing these pdf-files. Only works when choosing 'print as image' property.
Is there any way to activate this property through the pdfcreativeX interface?
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

The situation you are describing is very similar to a situation which happens with documents which are encoded with JBIG2 compression. These PDF documents display as blank documents in the PDF Creator.

We are currently looking at adding support for the JBIG2 compression algorithm to the PDF Converter and PDF Creator products but this is a proprietary algorithm and we need to resolve some licensing issues first.

Hope this helps?

Jose