PDFCreator 1.5, not displaying PDF correctly

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
paulm

PDFCreator 1.5, not displaying PDF correctly

Post by paulm »

I just downloaded PDFCreator 1.5 since we were hoping to use it in a vertical market app. we've developed. It currently uses the full version of Acrobat to display/print PDF's. However, it doesn't seem to be able to render any of the PDF's we had created in Illustrator, and saved as PDFs. The file includes mostly graphics (pictures brought in from Photoshop) and lines drawn in using Illustrator. We add text at runtime via FDF files. I thought the FDF integration might not work, so I disabled that in our PDF's before testing. It didn't help.

When I say it doesn't render the PDF's correctly, I mean the screen comes up almost completely empty, except for a tiny square on the right hand side of the screen (and the watermark since this is the trial version). I was using the PDFCreactiveDoc file to test with. It didn't work with any of the files I tested (except the included PDF's).

Are there any options or things I should be checking to get this to work?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi,

I guess you mean version 1.09c or 1.09d because version 1.5 is not released yet.

Concernig the files that you are not able to open in the PDF Creator, please send 1 or 2 of them to our technical support department support@amyuni.com, our developers will check them.

The current version of the PDF Creator (1.09d) may not support all pdf files generated by other drivers, but we are working on new versions that will support a wider range of pdf files.

Thanks.