Bookmark control seriously malfunctioning

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
beandog

Bookmark control seriously malfunctioning

Post by beandog »

I found that while viewing a PDF file in the example application, after a while the bookmarks stopped working. This is a way to reproduce the problem:

Open the PDF Creator Developer Manual PDF file in the example application (PDFCreactiveDoc.exe)
Expand all the bookmark folders in the bookmark view (so all bookmarks are visible)
Click on the first bookmark
Hold the down-arrow key on the keyboard until you've reached the bottom of the bookmarks.
Hold the up-arrow key on the keyboard until you've reached the top of the bookmarks.

Partway back up, the PDF viewer will stop updating with the new bookmark positions. From then on, the upper half of the bookmarks are completely broken.

Another way to get this problem:

Open the PDF Creator Developer Manual PDF file in the example application (PDFCreactiveDoc.exe)
Starting at the bottom of the bookmarks view and working upward, expand all the folder bookmarks by double-clicking them.

This breaks the first two bookmarks in the document.

I wrote my own bookmark browser in MFC to try to circumvent the problem, but it had the identical bug.

Ben Dilts
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I tried to reproduce this issue using the Developer manual you mentioned and our latest version 2.0g but i didn't succeed.

I suggest that you download version 2.0g that will be online at the end of this month and try it.

Hope this helps.
beandog

Fixed.

Post by beandog »

Yes, the latest version of the control squashed this bug.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

So you tried version 2.0f (and not 2.0g) that is currently online is it resolved (or more precisely squashed) the bug as you said.

I am adding this note only for other users who maybe checking this post or facing the same problem.