Visual Basic 6 demo / example - can't get it to work

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
kevinger

Visual Basic 6 demo / example - can't get it to work

Post by kevinger »

I just downloaded the demo 1.09. I created a new project in VB6 and referenced the control. When I attempt to add it onto a blank form, it crashes VB6.

I tried this on another machine (different configuration) and got the same unexpected result.

Is anyone else using this newest version 1.09? Older versions (at least) must be working for some folks.....ideas?

I'm using VB6 SP5.
kevinger

Demo EXE source code

Post by kevinger »

I should have mentioned the demo EXE does work on my machine. I noticed in the instructions, it reads:

PDFCreactiveDoc.exe

This is a complete PDF viewing/editing application built using the previous modules. This application can be used for testing purposes by the developers or be used as a basis for providing a custom user interface around the PDF ActiveX control. The sourcecode for this exe is provided,
but only the executable and not the sourcecode can be distributed.

---- it says the source code is provided, but it doesn't seem to be provided. Is the source code not available in the demo?
kevinger

Older versions DO work

Post by kevinger »

:idea:

After further review, I found an older version of the demo on VBXtras .. it was like BETA 3 version 1.01 from 9/2001.

It appears to work just fine.

That makes me think there is something wrong with the current demo download. Would Anyuni give it a try on a "clean" VB6 machine? 1.09 doesn't seem to work correctly.

I would really like to give the product a try!!
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I am using version 1.09b on my system and it seems to work fine.

Did you download the demo of 1.09 or 1.09b (currently available on our website) ?

Please try with the latest demo, and if you are still facing problems please send an e-mail to support@amyuni.com so they can open a case and test this further more.

I will check concerning the availability of the sample application.

Have a nice day.
kevinger

Post by kevinger »

Joan wrote:Hello,

Did you download the demo of 1.09 or 1.09b (currently available on our website) ?
I am using 1.09b. I checked the version information of the DLL and it reads "Version 1.09b Pro - Evaluation Licence".

I will create a support incident as you suggested. Thanks for the quick response.
kevinger

I'm working!

Post by kevinger »

Jose in tech support was able to figure out what I was doing. It seems I was incorrectly selecting the single user version instead of the developer version when choosing from the drop down of which demo I wanted to evaluate.

Anyway, I made a selection for one of the developer versions, and I'm able to evaluate it now.

Thanks for the help!! :)

(I'm now using 1.09c).