Problems Appending PDF's with Creator

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
dalstine

Problems Appending PDF's with Creator

Post by dalstine »

I have VB code that prints several different reports to individual PDF files and then sorts and combines these into one PDf. I have no errors at all. Yet, when I try to open the resulting PDF in adobe's reader I have seemingly random pages that cannot be displayed. If I open the combined PDF in Creator they are displayed just fine. The individual files open in either program.

I've downloaded the latest demo, Tried multiple ways of coding it, and the results always seem to be the same.

I would just have Converter append them all on the fly but there are PDF files that I'm appending that are created elseware.

Any Ideas?
Thanks.
dalstine

Acrobat 7.0 Reader Error...

Post by dalstine »

Here is the Acrobat 7.0 Reader Error...

"There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (14)"

This occur's on just a select few pages

Before this I seemed to be getting an error about fonts so I set my Converter options up to embed fonts and that seemed to fix that error.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Concerning the font error, this is due to the fact of having a font in the pdf file that is not installed in the system on which you are trying to open the file.
Using font embedding when generating the pdf file will embed the fonts in the file so these files can be opened on any system even if it doesn't contain the used fonts.

Concerning the error processing a page, you will most probably not get this error if you try to view the pdf files in Acrobat Reader 6. For the files that generated errors when opened in Acrobat Reader 7, please send them to support@amyuni.com and we will check them, if this is related to the way we are converting the files we will fix this if not we will let you know the source of this issue.

Hope this helps.