Amyuni Print size 200mb v 3mb for adobe

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
mcmullank

Amyuni Print size 200mb v 3mb for adobe

Post by mcmullank »

I am printing a pdf file using VB. When you look at the spooler, the print size for the document is 205mb. When I print the same document using acrobat, the file size is 3.05mb

Is there a reason that the print file is so large in creator? I have also found that if I run the code again, the file size is then 98mb

What is causing this??

Code:

If vDetails(Me.Tag).Type = 9 Then
Me.pdfViewer.StartPrint "", True
For i = 1 To Me.pdfViewer.PageCount
Me.pdfViewer.PrintPage i
Next i
Me.pdfViewer.EndPrint
Exit Sub
End If
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

What is the size of the PDF file you are trying to print? (the size on disk i mean).
mcmullank

File Size

Post by mcmullank »

The file size on disk is 324kb
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

I suspect that the situation you have described can be improved by calling the ClearPage() method after printing a page.

The ClearPage keep only one page in memory.

With AxPDF
.StartPrint("", False) 'prints to default printer

For intCtr = 1 To .PageCount
.PrintPage(intCtr)
.ClearPage(intCtr) 'clears page from memory
Next
End With

Hope this helps?
alexmak

Post by alexmak »

Hello,

I have the same issue as posted above. I have clearpage() after printpage() in the for loop, but my print spool is around 90mb for 16 pages. Also some pages are being printed being either having a half inch cut off the right side or a half inch on the left side being crammed together and some text overlaping. Is there anything else i can try?
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

I suggest that you send a sample of the PDF document you are trying to print to support@amyuni.com.

We'll take a look at it.