Inserting a .jpeg caused the file size to skyrocket

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
dvoorhies

Inserting a .jpeg caused the file size to skyrocket

Post by dvoorhies »

I am trying to insert a 168KB jpeg file into a document. Before inserting the file my document is 64KB. After inserting the file it goes up to 4,000KB. I have no matter what dimensions that picture has inside the document it is always make the document size huge.

How can I get the file size to remain small when inserting a small picture?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Are you inserting the jpeg file in the pdf document?

I didn't really get what you are trying to do but if you are trying to insert Jpeg images in a pdf document you need to use Jpeg Compression to get small PDFs.

Hope this helps.
dvoorhies

Post by dvoorhies »

I am creating an image box about the size I need and then when it asks me for the file path of the image I point it to my JPEG file.

Just to make sure I understand here. Your product does not handle well putting JPEGs directly into a document. Instead I have to find a JPEG compresion program to alter my file and then try and insert it into the document?
dvoorhies

Post by dvoorhies »

I just found a few jpeg compressors and got my jpeg file size down to 50KB. When I insert it into the document it still makes the document size 2133KB. Why does inserting any kind of image into a document created by PDF creator make the file size so much bigger? Is there really that much baggage that goes along with an image in your product?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Our PDF Creator and PDF Converter do include a Jpeg compression algorithm, there may be no need to use another compression tool

I did some tests here. I tried to add a jpeg picture to a pdf document using the PDF Creator and then saved the document.

If the file is saved in View only mode, the file size is augmented only by the size of the Picutre.

If the file is saved in View and Design mode the file size is augmented by more than the picture size and this is because in this case design information is stored in the pdf file.

Please try to save your pdf documents in View only mode than check the file size.

If you are still facing problems please send us your picture and your pdf document to support@amyuni.com to check these more closely.

Hope this helps.