Time to load document

The PDF Creator enables you to create secure PDF documents and to view, print and process existing PDF documents.
If you have any questions about the installation and usage of the PDF Creator please post them here.
zaksoft

Time to load document

Post by zaksoft »

I'm evaluating PDF Creator as viewer, I have to load PDF documents of about 10 pages, and each has fields pre-compiled with another tool. The problem is that in a 3.06GHz 2GbRAM W2003 server it takes over a minute!! (tipically 65..70 seconds). I think this is due to fields, can I speed up loading in some way ?

P.S. it's a gov form with about 100 - 150 fields per pages, ( 5 copies, but every copy is different for address of dest office).

TIA
Davide Zaccanti
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Instead of Open() please try to use OpenEx.

The Open() method reads all the file content into memory and then close it right away. OpenEx() opens each page as it is requested but keeps the file handle open. OpenEx() has the advantage of being more efficient but disables other applications from writing to the file while it is being viewed.

Hope this helps.
zaksoft

Post by zaksoft »

Same time with OpenEx() as with Open().

It's a 780Kb PDF file made of 10 pages with 706 text fields.

The time to load using PdfCreactiveDoc is about 75 seconds ( from Click on Open of File Dialog to view opened), 80 with empty field (so the same time, I've not used a cronograph..)

Davide
Davide Zaccanti
zaksoft

Post by zaksoft »

zaksoft wrote:Same time with OpenEx() as with Open().

It's a 780Kb PDF file made of 10 pages with 706 DIFFERENT text fields for 3322 total form fields.

The time to load using PdfCreactiveDoc is about 75 seconds ( from Click on Open of File Dialog to view opened), 80 with empty field (so the same time, I've not used a cronograph..)

Davide
Davide Zaccanti
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

As mentioned in the email sent to you from our support department, this issue is being caused by the source PDF document you are using.

Since this issue is related to a document contain private information, we will continue this thread through our support department.

Thanks