Question on RTF printer

These different converters modules enables you to convert your existin documents to the above formats. These are all parts of our Document Converter produt.
Here you can post all the installation and usage issues related to the document converters including our latest DOCX Converter
hadzramin

Question on RTF printer

Post by hadzramin »

I am in the midst of testing RTF Export.

I am using OutputPreferences as Plain Text, and it works fine.
Next, what I try to achive is to identify which page it is coming from in Plain Text.

Can you suggest what is the best way for me to grab Plain Text from each page and the to put in XML. Is there a way for me to intercept the print stream or can I write Plain Text to differnt pages into separate files.

Below is example of XML that I try to achieve

<pages>
<page>jsdfjksfhjncjnsjncjsncjnsjndsj</page>
<page>uurifow9f88f9fw90e898w9f8w w9r8w8r98w9fiu</page>
<page>........... </page>
</pages>

TQ.

Hadzramin
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

You are trying to export your documents to RTF and then you open the files to grab plain text.

I would suggest that you convert your documents to PDF, Intercept the data stream and then take the plain text objects from this data and do whatever you want with them.

You can do this as follows:
- You prepare a dll that do whatever you want with the data in your document.
- You convert your documents to PDF instead of RTF using the PDF Converter. http://www.amyuni.com/en/products/pdf_c ... /demo.html
- While converting the documents to pdf you specify SendToCreator in FileNameOptions and you specify the name of your dll. Please find a VB sample below:
' set output options
SetFileNameOptions hPrinter, SendToCreator
SetPageProcessor hPrinter, "MyDLL.dll"
- Finally you print your documents to the PDF Printer.

More information are available about PDF Streaming in "Common Driver Interface 210.pdf" that you will recieve whith the demo version.

If you need a sample about MyDLL.dll please send an e-mail to Support@amyuni.com and we will send you a sample dll that you can modify and rename to perform the tasks you want.

Best Regards.