Demo version - Images problems

These different converters modules enables you to convert your existin documents to the above formats. These are all parts of our Document Converter produt.
Here you can post all the installation and usage issues related to the document converters including our latest DOCX Converter
sbujold

Demo version - Images problems

Post by sbujold »

Hi,

We've been using the PDF Converter for a long time in our reports application and it's a real charm. Now we want to give the users a way to modify the print of a particular report if there are minor layout issues with one print out of 200 instead of asking us for a change in the report.

so I downloaded the demo version of RTF Document converter. The output is great but there are two issues.

First, the images aren't outputted properly. It seems included in the RTF as I see the size of the file growing significantly if I add an image in my report, but it's not displayed.

Second, the output is always generated as a PDF AND RTF. Is there a way to remove the PDF output ?

Thanks in advance!
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

You can generate RTF files by printing your reports directly to the RTF Printer or by Converting existing PDF files to RTF.

Images should appear properly in the RTF file specially if you are choosing 'Advanced RTF' option when converting your files to RTF.

You are getting PDF and RTF files because you are using a demo version of the Document Converter that generated both PDF and RTF files but if you get a license for the RTF Converter only you will get only RTF files.

If you have any output issues please send a sample file to our Technical Support Department to be checked support@amyuni.com.

Thanks.
sbujold

Thanks

Post by sbujold »

Hello Joan,

Thanks a lot for your response. I made some more tests with the product and found out that images works with most applications but not with R&R X-Base (Version 10+ build 10.1.003). Since it's exactly to export R&R reports to RTF we have to get this working. I'm sending a sample to the Technical Support Department and will see if something can be done for this. I also had problems with images when converting an email to RTF from Outlook Express 6.0.

And thanks for clarifying the way the demo version works, it wasn't totally clear why all the options to export were available and why it was creating a PDF file. The impression I had when I downloaded the demo through the site here was that I'd get a RTF Converter demo only.

Have a good day! :)
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Did you try to use another version of R&R X-base? Maybe an older version or a newer one if available?

Our Technical Support will check your request and will get back to you.

Concerning the demo version, i would like to add a small note to make it clearer for other users who maybe searching this forum for similar information:
We have different demos on our site, a demo for each specific product (ie a demo for the RTF Converter -it generated rtf files only-, a demo for the PDF Converter -it generated pdf files only-, ect...) and a demo for the Document Converter product that is a combination of all our Converters and it generates PDF, RTF, HTML, Jpeg and Excel files.

Have a good day too ! :)