Problem with HTML Converter - PDF with Images.

These different converters modules enables you to convert your existin documents to the above formats. These are all parts of our Document Converter produt.
Here you can post all the installation and usage issues related to the document converters including our latest DOCX Converter
sally

Problem with HTML Converter - PDF with Images.

Post by sally »

hi,
I have a PDF document with images.

When I try to use the ActiveX interface, and function ExportToHtml,
it gives an error.

When I try using the PDF driver, it works OK.

I think the problem is there is a missing "Default directory" function to save the images in CDIntf.Document ??

thanks!
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi Sally,

When using the ExportToHTML method of the Document Interface you need to call SetLicenseKey and it is advisable to set the optimization level to pragraph optimization before exporting the document.

Here is a VB snippet of code to show you this:

pdfdoc.SetLicenseKey LicenseTo, ActivationCode
pdfdoc.Optimize 2 ' Paragraph Optimization
pdfdoc.ExportToHTML "c:\Temp\ExportToHTML.htm", 0 'Using layers

Hope this helps, if not please check that you are using the latest version 2.10i of the Document Converter.
sally

Post by sally »

hi Joan,
the error can be reproduced.

I am using the trial, Amyuni Document Converter 2.10i-3.

If there is no image and all texts, the PDF converter works fine, to export the first two pages.

Take a PDF document with an image on the first page and run the HTML export.

It causes an exception in cdintf.dll The exception is not in my code.

Any ideas?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I tried to reproduce this using a pdf file containing a picture on the first page and i got no problems exporting it to HTML.

I guess the problem is not in the image, it is with the document itself, maybe the document you are trying to export to HTML is not supported by our CDintf.

Please send your pdf document to Support@amyuni.com and specify the issue you are facing so we can check it closely and see what is the problem.

Please note that we do not support LZW Compressed files because LZW is a patent algorithm for the moment.

Thanks.