RTF Converter VS VP Engine

These different converters modules enables you to convert your existin documents to the above formats. These are all parts of our Document Converter produt.
Here you can post all the installation and usage issues related to the document converters including our latest DOCX Converter
howc

RTF Converter VS VP Engine

Post by howc »

I'm programming VC++ 6.0 and using the RTF Converter to save my VPE documents as RTF-document occassionally. (virtual print engine by Idealsoftware.com)

Everything worked fine with VPE version 3.2, but since we upgraded to
vpep 3.5 it creates only an empty file, and prints it on the
defaultprinter, if the default printer isn't my RTF Converter.

A guy from Idealsoftware said to me:
The Amyuni products have been reported several times to cause problems. It seems they do not behave as printer drivers should.

VPE communicates on several levels with printer drivers. As a workaround you can try to set

PrintOptions = PRINT_ALL + PRINT_NO_AUTO_PAGE_DIMS
What should I do now?

mfg
Andreas Hausjell

PS: My OS is Windows 2000 Professional, but the problem stays the
same on XP, or other
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Did the workaround work for you?

We will check if we can downlaod a version of VPE 3.5 and try it here.

In the mean time I am not sure if there are other users of VPE that are using our drivers and may have any helpful input to add here.

Have a nice day!
howc

Post by howc »

Hello.

The workaround didn't work. I tried to keep the communication with the driver on a minimum level, as the VPE-guy recommended. (I didn't set pagesize, orientation, and so on)
But nothing changed.

Here is the link for VPE-downloads (VPE SDK Enterprise Edition v3.50 R1)
http://www.idealsoftware.com/ev_demodown.htm

The only difference between full and demo version is, that the demo prints several "DEMO"lines on every page.

Sorry, for the doublepost! :oops:

mfg & thanks
Andreas
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

I am not really sure why the folks at Idealsoftware would say that our product does not behave a like a printer because it fact there are situations where the PDF Converter can print documents that are not handled correctly by physical printers.

We setup a test application with a Demo version of the VPE 3.5 product and we are unable to reproduce your situation. I have included a snippet of C# code.

private void button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
CDIntfEx.CDIntfExClass PDF = new CDIntfEx.CDIntfExClass();
try
{
PDF.DriverInit ("Amyuni Developer Converter");
PDF.DefaultFileName = "c:\\testcsharp.pdf";
PDF.FileNameOptions = 3;
PDF.SetDefaultPrinter();
PDF.EnablePrinter ("Amyuni","07EF……………529D9");

//need to open a doc
axVPE1.OpenDoc();
axVPE1.Print (1200,1200, "Hello, Test from C#");
//Don't display dialog box
axVPE1.PrintDoc(false);
PDF.RestoreDefaultPrinter();
}

catch (Exception e)
{
MessageBox.Show (e.Message);
}
}

If this does not help, please send a snippet of your source code to canada.support@amyuni.com and we will take a closer look at it.

Thanks.
howc

Post by howc »

I'd like to create a rtf, not a pdf, but I'll also try to create a pdf today. Maybe this works.
My code in C++ and for RTF looks very similiar.

I haven't mentioned it yet, but the printing dialog shows up, if i set PrintDoc(true), but is so fast that I can't read anything, when I'm trying to print 2 pages.
I saw the progressbar with page 1 and 2, using the VPE 3.2.

It seems, that this will become an interesting problem.

mfg & thanks
Andreas Hausjell

days_till_xmas -= 1;
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The code to use the RTF Converter is similar to the above one except that you need to change the printer name.

The function EnablePrinter() mentioned in Jose's code is to be used with version 2.10 of our drivers.

If you have the Document Converter (PDF + RTF ) modules you can write one code to generate both PDF and RTF files. Mainly all what you will need to do is to add the ExportToRTF option to the call of FileNameOptions.

If you are still facing problem please check that you are using the latest version of our driver.

Thanks.