PDF converter freezes up

These different converters modules enables you to convert your existin documents to the above formats. These are all parts of our Document Converter produt.
Here you can post all the installation and usage issues related to the document converters including our latest DOCX Converter
greyhound_adopteeee

PDF converter freezes up

Post by greyhound_adopteeee »

I just bought and installed The Print Shop 22 deluxe and am trying to convert my document to PDF but it locks up when I choose convert to PDF. What am I doing wrong?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please note that the version of the PDF Converter available with PrintShop is a special version that works only from inside PrintShop, if you try to print to it from any other application it will not work.

If you wish to be able to generate PDF files from other applications you need to license you own End User license of the driver
greyhound_adopteeee

Post by greyhound_adopteeee »

I guess I am confused with your reply. I created a document in PrintShop but would like to save it as a PDF so I can print it.

It is when I try to save the created document to a PDF that freezes it up. What good is the PDF converter if it doesn't work? I had Print Shop 20 installed on my computer for a couple of years and had no problem with the converter until a few weeks ago for whatever reason, that too stoppped working. I decided to upgrade to Printshop 22 Deluxe after uninstalling 20 and still cannot convert.

I am ashamed to admit, but I am no computer techie. :oops: Please talk to me in laymen terms how to get the converter to do what it is supposed to.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

For issues related to our PDF Converter implemented in a third party application, we advise the customers to check with the third party application provider because the application's developers will have more information on how they implement our product.

In your case it would be a good idea to contact PrinShop technical support. However you will need to look at what changed in your system that affected the PDF Converter. Did you install a new Operating system lately by exemple?

Regards,
Joanna