Automatically opening created excel-file

These different converters modules enables you to convert your existin documents to the above formats. These are all parts of our Document Converter produt.
Here you can post all the installation and usage issues related to the document converters including our latest DOCX Converter
Sabrina Horst

Automatically opening created excel-file

Post by Sabrina Horst »

Hello

I've installed with our client (for testing purposes) several printers:

- amyuni_pdf
- amyuni_email
- amyuni_excel

etc.

The goal is that the user just chooses the right printer to get result.f.e. email-printer to create pdf and open outlook and
f.e. excel-printer to create excel-file and open excel with it.

And there is my problem. Now printer asks for path/filename for pdf-file (f.e. test.pdf) and creates in same directory an test.xls

User has to manually explore the maps in order to find this file and open it in excel. Is there no way to automate this ?

Thx
Sabrina Horst
Add-it Infosystems BV
Netherlands
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

You can automate all the process of PDF / Excel creation. You don't need to install multiple printers to do so, you can do it with one printer.

After installing the printer you programatically select it, set its settings (eg send the generated pdf file by email, or generate and excel file or....) as well as the output file name and path that will be created.

Your user can then click on a button in your application to generate the PDF or Excel or other files type and get them saved to disk or sent by email.

To open an Excel file programatically after generating it you can automate Excel (create an instance of the Excel application and use to open the Excel file).

Hope this helps.
Sabrina Horst

Post by Sabrina Horst »

If I have to do this programatically then I have to change all our reports about 500+ .

The reason I choose to test Amyuni is I thought I wouldn't have to change the programs, just install the drivers with the client and voila, I'm done.

If I have to change my reports than I can use the build in features of the tool and not have to buy Amyuni.

So far for fast results.

Then I don't think Amyuni was ment for us.

Thank You

Sabrina Horst
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello Sabrina,

The scenario you have described can be resolved by acquiring the appropriate license. Although the Excel Converter will prompt a user for a .pdf filename, only an excel file is generated with this type of license.

Hope this helps?
Sabrina Horst

Post by Sabrina Horst »

Hello Jose

Does the generated excel-file get opened as well or does the user have to open it manually ?

Thx

Sabrina Horst