Tiff Converter. Does this Exist?

These different converters modules enables you to convert your existin documents to the above formats. These are all parts of our Document Converter produt.
Here you can post all the installation and usage issues related to the document converters including our latest DOCX Converter
CBRussell

Tiff Converter. Does this Exist?

Post by CBRussell »

I'm trying out the demo developer version of the document converter suite. Conversion to PDF works fine - I also want to convert files to Tiff. This is possible converting to PDF first and then using the document export to tiff function.

There seems to be DriverInitialisations for RTF, HTML etc but not for Tiff. Is this correct or is this just what the demo version provides. I was hoping to see a TiffDriverInit function.

Regards,

Colin.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Do you need to get a Tiff Converter along with the PDF Converter or a Tiff Converter alone?

Thanks.
CBRussell

Post by CBRussell »

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, I need to provide the functionality to convert a file to a tiff format or a PDF format. So both are requried. I selected these two options in the demo installation of the document converter but didn't get the Tiff printer link that I expected. The developer manual also didn't have any reference to the tiff converter - only way to go to tiff was via the route explained in the initial post.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

If you are generating the PDF file from the user interface, you need to select 'Tiff Export' before printing your document to the PDF Printer (this can be done from the printer Preferences) and then print your document, you will get two outputs a PDF and a Tiff file in the same time.

If you are generating the PDF and Tiff file programmatically you can generate the Tiff file either while the PDF file is generating by using the following:

pdf.PrinterParamInt("TIFF Options") = 16
pdf.PrinterParamInt("TIFF Resolution") = 300

Or after the PDF is generated by using the ExportToTiff() functin.

Hope this helps.