HTML2PDF

These different converters modules enables you to convert your existin documents to the above formats. These are all parts of our Document Converter produt.
Here you can post all the installation and usage issues related to the document converters including our latest DOCX Converter
netYoda

HTML2PDF

Post by netYoda »

As posted in reply to an earlier post,

HTML2PDF is not producing any output.

It appears to return ok when run from a command prompt, but it hangs in Win2K task manager.

I'm using the format:

HTML2PDF http://test.cmcmedia.co.uk/sterlingflui ... ure8-3.htm d:\data\test.pdf AMYUNI

I have renamed the printer installed by the Amyuni WebPDF demo to AMYUNI.

If I use an invalid printer name then I get a different error, so I know that is ok.

Does something need to be configured after installing the WebPDF demo ?

Regards,

nY :shock:
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

What version of the Amyuni PDF Printer are u using?

Thanks.
netYoda

HTMO2PDF not working

Post by netYoda »

Hi Joan,

I've received some excellent support from Joanna and found out that apprently HTML2PDF doesn't work with the latest version of the driver.

useful huh?

Thanks anyway.

LC.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I have some good news for you you can use you can use the HTML2PDF with the new version of the driver.

There is 2 situations:

1 - If you have the End User of the driver you can use HTML2PDF as usual.
2 - If you have the Developer version of the driver you will need to modifiy the code of HTML2PDF a little bit (you will get the code with HTML2PDF).

I tried to use the following and it gave me a nice page for Sterling group:
C:\Our Tools\html2pdf>HTML2PDF "http://test.cmcmedia.co.uk/sterlingfluidsystems/
brochure8-3.htm" "c:\Temp\test.pdf" "Amyuni PDF Converter"

Please try this.

Thanks.
netYoda

Post by netYoda »

Hi Joan, not sure which version I've got - the current downloadable evaluation version whatever that is.

Tried on both my local and server machines and no PDF was generated

I have changed the name of the printer to "AMYUNI" on both machines and use that in the printer string - would that cause the problem?

Unfortunately I'm not a c++ developer, although I can program in c++ I detest the MFC and so wouldn't be able to modify the code for html2pdf.

As per emails via Joanna, if I try and run the Install program it produces errors. I've installed the WebPDFDemo.exe and that allows me to print fine from an application, but HTML2PDF does not produce output (same problem as with my own app on the server, although my own app works locally).

This is what happened when I just tried to install it on my local machine:

LC.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

We have 4 Evaluation versions for the PDF Converter:
-End User
-End User Professional
-Developer
-Developer Professional

The End User versions of the driver have a user interface and can be used from all applications while the Developer version doesn't have a user interface and can be used only from inside your application

Concerning the log files you sent here, they are full of errors, most of them mean that you are running Install.exe from a folder where some files your received with the demo version are missing.

Also I am not sure we do have a zip file called WebPDFDemo.zip, maybe this is an older version of the demo.

If you don't wish to change the code of HTML2PDF than you can't use it with the Developer version.

I will guide you to download the end user version of the driver to use HTML2PDF:

- Please go to www.amyuni.com, click on the link of the PDF Converter and download our latest demo.

- Unzip the file to a new folder and run Install.exe from that same folder.

- Rename the printer "Amyuni" if you wish.

- Right click on the printer, choose "Printing Preferences', click on the small square with 3 dots '...' on it. and enter the following information:

License To:
Professional Evaluation

Activation Code:
07EFCDAB01000100A4AA3DF532D3E4008BCD94D237CEA55BE435430DB090F946F9F93A9FDC015B9EDF03AAB7B67652A96B885DE97FD8E34433B8590D2323C186EB08B9E119E931CA1F74B1C3DDA43AE9D503714AA5E825C06C83C04E3A019F473BF4FB90C5506CC9921B2C

- Than call HTML2PDF from the DOS Prompt:
C:\Our Tools\html2pdf>HTML2PDF "http://test.cmcmedia.co.uk/sterlingfluidsystems/
brochure8-3.htm" "c:\Temp\test.pdf" "Amyuni PDF Converter"
Definitely you will need to change the directory from which you are calling HTML2PDF. Please save HTM2PDF on a local driver not a network one.

Please note that here you will be using the End User version of the driver and not the Developer one.

Hope this helps.
netYoda

Post by netYoda »

Hi, have followed all instruction carefully, printer installs nicely, HTML2PDF still doesn't work :(

With regards to other options, is it possible using the driver to set it to print only 1 page of the HTML file to PDF?

Some of the HTML pages have sections that are defined as too long and so create a blank page in the PDF and when I merge them I end with blank pages all over the place.

Regards,

LC.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi,

It is strange that HTML2PDF is not working eventhough you installed the end user version of the PDF Converter.

You shoul be able to print one page of the HTML file to PDF, but the print command is the one of the application you are using to open the html file and not the one of our PDF Driver. So you should set this from inside your application.

You can open the html file in Internet Explorer and manually print it to the PDF Printer. Befor printing it you can select the range of pages you want to send to the printer.
If you are a programmer and have some knowledge of Windows programming, you can do the same steps programatically.

I am not sure where you are, but if you can call our support line in Montreal, they will try to find with you why HTML2PDF is not working on your system.

Regards,
netYoda

Post by netYoda »

Hi Joan,

I'm in the UK and have initially spoken to Montreal.

I have no idea why it doesn't work, but that's Micrisoft for you ...

The driver all works fine manually, but I need it automated.

Regards,

LC.
Stu

Post by Stu »

I have a very similar problem to Netyoda.

I've downloaded the latest version of PDF creator to evaluate by going to your home page -> PDF Converter -> Demo version

I've installed both the creator and the reader.

As a print driver this seems to work fine but we're looking for a way to convert html files to pdf files via the command line.

I've downloaded HTML2PDF into a new directory.

At the command prompt I type 'HTML2PDF "http://www.google.co.uk" "c:\Amyuni\test.pdf" "Amyuni PDF Converter"'

It accepts the line but does nothing. If I look at the task manager I can see the HTML2PDF.exe running but it does nothing.

Any ideas?

The system is running win2k

Cheers

Stu
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Stu,

I used the same statement you are using from the command prompt and I was able to get the file test.pdf containing the first page of Google site.

Please check the following:

1 - The folder 'Amyuni' exists on C before calling HTML2PDF

2 - The printer 'Amyuni PDF Converter' is activated on your system. Oldest version of the demo needed to be activated by the user. Our latest version of the demo is activated automatically when installing it.

3 - Please check that you are running HTML2PDF from the folder where you store it.

Hope this helps.
Stu

Post by Stu »

A folder called Amyuni does exist on the C drive

If I right click on an html file and click print I can direct it to the Amyuni PDF converter and it'll ask me where to save the file and the pdf file it produces looks fine.

I downloaded the latest version of both the end user pdf converter and HTMLPDF Converter a couple of days ago so I assume it's the latest version. According to the printer properties it's running version 2.10e

I am running HTML2PDF from the command line after going into the directory that it's stored in.

When I try to run it the command line accepts the request (it doesn't if I get the file name or printer name wrong) it accesses the internet (Zone alarm picks it up) and then just sits dormant until I kill the process in the Task Manager. This is also the same on a WinXP machine that I've tried it on.

I assume that you must also have something else installed that it needs or I must have something installed that it doesn't like.

Any further ideas?

Cheers

Stu
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I can't be sure if you have something installed that it doesn't like, but what I have is the following:
Windows 2000, Internet Explorer 5.0, PDF Converter 2.10e single user version activated (I tried also with a demo version and it works) and the latest HTML2PDF.

I am running HTML2PDF from the Command Prompt under DOS.

It is weired that I am not able to reproduce the issue you are having. If you are in Canda, US or France please call our support line, you will find the contact information at our site. Otherwise please send an e-mail to support@amyuni.com
Stu

Post by Stu »

Hi Joan,

I can't understand it either but it sounds like we're running similar setups. The only difference I can see is that I have run all of the MS updates which includes the upgrade to IE6.

I think we've found another way around the problem now using another piece of software but thank you very much for trying.

Cheers

Stu