Using HTML2PDF from Rexx/DOS

These different converters modules enables you to convert your existin documents to the above formats. These are all parts of our Document Converter produt.
Here you can post all the installation and usage issues related to the document converters including our latest DOCX Converter
bg

Using HTML2PDF from Rexx/DOS

Post by bg »

I have been trying to convert some HTML pages to PDF using HTML2PDF, and it almost works, apart from one annoying problem; the target PDF filename that I give is ignored, meaning that I have to enter a filename by hand (in the file dialog that appears). This makes using HTML2PDF in a batch process impossible, as it always requires user intervention.

Is this a known issue, or am I missing something?

There is also another problem, in that large HTML files are not properly converted; the resultant PDF is usually truncated after +/- 75 pages.

Thanks in advance, Ian Chapple.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

For the output file name, please right click on the printer, choose Preferences and select Destination tab. Here you can set the output to NoPrompt. You can do this same issue programmatically throught a batch file.

Concerning the big html document, I may not be able to help you with this here but here are some stuff you can check :
1 - Are you using the latest version 2.50g of the PDF Printer? if not please use it.
2 - If you print this same file directly to the printer (not throught html2pdf) will it print well?

Hope this helps.
bg

Post by bg »

Hi Joan,

thanks for the reply. The problem is, I don't want any dialogs to appear. If I use the command DOS command HTML2PDF "c:\epodata\db\data\dossiers\html\print.htm" "c:\epodata\db\pdf\print.pdf" "Amyuni PDF Converter" everything works fine, except that I still get prompted for a target filename; the print.pdf name is not used. Because of this problem it not possible to completely automate the conversion of multiple HTML documents.

By the way, my office is using ver. 2.10i-8, in case this clarifies the situation at all.

Thanks in advance, Ian.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Which application is using version 2.10i-8?

Please select the Amyuni PDF Converter printer , right click on it and select 'Preferences'. In the Destination tab set the output file name to 'Document Title' instead of 'No Prompt'.

Hope this helps.