cdintf210.dll replaced by a one of a previous version

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Robert

cdintf210.dll replaced by a one of a previous version

Post by Robert »

Hello,

I've had a problem recently that seem unusual the I want to draw attention to.

I have 2 software kits that install AmyUni PDF Converter 2.10 but one is 2.10i and the other 2.10d.

1) If I install the 2.10i kit after installing the 2.10d kit, the cdintf210.dll in system32 directory is for the 2.10i version. A this point all is fine.

2) If I install the 2.10d kit after installing the 2.10i kit, then the cdintf210.dll in system32 directory is replaced with the 2.10d version. This should not happen since a more recent version of the cdintf210 was present in the system32 directory.

This caused me some problems because as of the 2.10f version, a new property was added ( "InlineImageMaxSize" ) which I used in my applications but when cdintf210.dll is replaced with the 2.10d version my applications crash.

I solved the problem by verifying the version of the cdintf210.dll that resides in the system32 directory and if it is inferior to 2.10f I don't initialize the "InlineImageMaxSize".

In theory, I should'nt have to make this verification.

Will this problem be solved in the future ?

Robert
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

This is not really an error. Please note that when our driver is installed from a third party application, we can not control wich way the application is using to install the PDF Driver.

I will however transmit your comment to our Developers to check if we can add more restrictions to our Install routines.

Best Regards.