Anyone has problems on Windows ME

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
pseongho

Anyone has problems on Windows ME

Post by pseongho »

I wrote a application using cdintf.dll to print documents to PDF file.
It works great on every OS except ME. I don't have any clue.
Is there anyone who has the same problem ?
I'm on version 2.07d and tried 2.08a but no luck
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi,

Do you have an LPT1: port on your ME machine?

Please note that the PDF Converte will install on the LPT1 port, if you don't have a valid LPT1:port you can install it on any of the COM or USB ports by calling:

PDFDriverInit( "PrinterName;PORT:" )

Eg: PDFDriverInit ("PDFExport;COM1:")

Hope this helps !
Sofia

problems and Windows Me

Post by Sofia »

Hi!

We have the same problem with Me. Did you find a solution ?

best regards,
Sofia
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

What is precisely the problem you are having under Me? Are you getting any errors? Is the PDF Printer installed properly?

From which application you are trying to generate pdf files?

Thanks,
Sofia

Post by Sofia »

Hi,

We use the RTF Converter, developer version.

The problem we have is that it seems that the functions setting the registry keys for our RTF converter under LOCALMACHINE returns false, and the keys is not set, like: SetDefaultFileName, SetDefaultConfig, SetDefaultDirectory. For instance

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\Programgruppen RTF konverterare\PrinterDriverData\File Location

is not set. This occurs only in Windows Me. it works in wndows 98, windows 2000, windows xp. Something has to be wrong with this under Me? I can "manually" set the registrykeys with win32 API, so it doesnt seems to have with rights to do.

Best regards,
Sofia

--------------------

Joan wrote:Hello,

What is precisely the problem you are having under Me? Are you getting any errors? Is the PDF Printer installed properly?

From which application you are trying to generate pdf files?

Thanks,
Jose
Amyuni Team

seems that the file acfpdf.drv or acfrtf.drv is missing

Post by Jose »

In this case, the printer shows in the printer driver, but cannot be used to generate PDF or RTF files. Please make sure acfpdf.drv or acfrtf.drv is shipped with your installation.