Error while opening an e-mail attached PDF

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
MikeQ

Error while opening an e-mail attached PDF

Post by MikeQ »

I have implemented a solution provided by one of your customers. The customer is Metafile.

Metafile uses your PDF printer to produce PDFs, and attaches them to e-mails for automated document distribution.

On the recieving end, we have a couple of people that are recieving an error on opening the PDF produced by your PDF printer.

"Could not find the XObject named Im9"

The customers are using Adobe Acrobat 6 to view these files.

Any help would be greatly apriciated.
Mike Quickenton
Developement Engineer
MikeQ

Also...

Post by MikeQ »

The PDF on the SENDERS side is smaller than on the RECIEVED side.

Mike
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

What version of the PDF Converter are you using?

What antivirus if any is installed on the receiving end? What is the application used to retrieve the e-mails with the pdf attachements?

Thanks,
MikeQ

Converter Version

Post by MikeQ »

Converter version = 2.08

I am in the process of gathering the other info as we speak. I will post as soon as I get it.
Mike Quickenton
Developement Engineer
MikeQ

Anti-Virus, and e-mail client

Post by MikeQ »

The reciever is using Norton Anti-Virus, and Outlook Express 6.

The sender is using Outlook 2000 SR-1
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

We do not have any known issues with Outlook or Norton Antivirus.

I would suggest however that you try to download the latest version of the PDF Converter from our site and try to use it to generate pdf files and send them to the same people that are getting the errors.

Hope this helps, if not you may need to contact our Technical Support support@amyuni.com

Thanks
BongoB1

Post by BongoB1 »

I am receiving the same error message when I try to "print" a Visual FoxPro report to a .PDF file. This report contains a .BMP letter head. I am using PDF Convertor Ver 210i. Has there been a resolution to this problem?

Thanks
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please try our latest version 2.50 http://www.amyuni.com/en/products/pdf_c ... /demo.html

Thanks
BongoB1

Post by BongoB1 »

In going back to an earlier version of the PDF Convertor software, I find that version 2.06 allows me to generate a .PDF file from a FoxPro document containing a .BMP that Acrobat Reader can open without errors. This version uses the older FLLintf.fll. I am currently using the the FllIntf210.fll to generate the .PDF. Has there been an updated to this file since 2003?
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

The situation you are describing seems to have been resolved in our current 2.50 version of the PDF Converter. I suggest that you download and eval version of this product and verify the results.
http://www.amyuni.com/en/products/pdf_c ... /demo.html

Also, the FllIntf250.fll was updated for version 2.50.

Hope this helps?