PDF Converter 2.10h fails to lock

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
dclayton

PDF Converter 2.10h fails to lock

Post by dclayton »

I recently purchased the PDF Converter 2.1h, and I am developing an application that needs to lock the printer driver while printing (using the lock() method in cdintf210.dll).

I have discovered that the lock() method appears not to work on Windows 2000 server, but while testing this found that the lock() method works as expected on Win XP Pro.

If I want to lock the printer driver as described above on Windows 2000 Server, do I need to do anything special, for example do I need to get another version?

Thanks in advance,

Don
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The locking function was successfully tested under Windows 2000.

Most probably you are specifying a wrong print job name under 2000.

If this doesn't help, please give me more information on the code you are using and the error you are getting so I can help you.

Thanks.
dclayton

Post by dclayton »

We finally ran this issue down and found the following:

We were running Amyuni 1.59 and 2.10h on the same computer, one version was for some legacy software, the other was for the new stuff. The Amyuni 1.59 driver set the following key in NT:

HKEY_USERS \.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Windows

This key sets the default printer for the SYSTEM account, which the Amyuni 2.10h driver will pick up if you don't programmatically set the default printer in your code before trying to print anything.

So the moral of this story is to be sure to call the SetDefaultPrinter function in your code, even if you think the 2.10 driver is already the default or there is only one printer on your server, because the driver will check the value of this key and print to that printer (or not at all) unless you do.

For more information on setting the default printer for the windows SYSTEM account, please read the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... s%3B152451

Good luck, and safe coding!

Don Clayton
Intertech Consulting, inc.