Installing Error on XP-Machine

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
francesco

Installing Error on XP-Machine

Post by francesco »

Hi!

Im using the PDF-Converter Version 2.06 and I've got Problem on installing the Printer Driver oin one XP - Machine. Every time i get the following Messages while installing the driver:

Windows NT/2000/XP Install
------------------------------------------------------------
Installing PDF Printer Driver
Error Code: 126
Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden
Installing PDF Printer
Error Code: 1797
Der Druckertreiber ist unbekannt
Printer Setup failed
Error Code: 126
Der Druckertreiber ist unbekannt

This Problems only appeared on one XP-machine.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

Franz
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi Franz,

Please check that all the needed files are saved in the same folder from which you are launching Install.exe. For more details please check the file "Distribs.pdf" that you received with the PDF Converter.

Also, please check that none of these files is marked as Read-Only.

Have a nice day,
Rodney McManamy

I'm having the same problem

Post by Rodney McManamy »

Joan,

I'm having the same problem with the version 2.07b. Could you please post the required files for XP, what needs to be registered, and what other steps need to be taken. I would prefer to use my own install program instead of yours and it works great in 98,NT, and 2000 but not in XP.
Thanks,
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The needed filles under XP for version 2.07 of the PDF Converter are the following.

Cdintf.dll
Install.exe
Acfpdf.dll
Acfpdfu.dll - instead of Acfpdfui
Acfpdf.txt
Fllintf.fll - for Visual FoxPro users.

Concerning Error Code 126, please install the printer on the system using the "Add Printer" wizard. This should help.

Have a nice day !
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hi everybody,

I've been doing some tests concerning this problem and I've found that this error appears on WinXP machines because XP detects that the AmyUni driver is unsigned. In the case of all drivers that are not "WinXP compatible" according to Microsoft, that is they are not digitally signed by them, WinXP will ask the user to confirm if he really wants to install a "unsafe" driver.

I've tried using the .INF file. In the case where I select the file through the explorer, right click and choose Install from the popup menu, the driver doesn't install. I don't even get an error message.

In the case where I go through the "Add Printer" wizard, WinXP tells me that the driver is not digtally signed but gives me the choice to continue with the installation. In this case the driver is installed and the user is all smiles.

The question that I have is since the "Install.exe" automates the driver installation process could it be that it doesn't tell WinXP to install the driver even if it is unsigned and fails with error 126 ?

Regards

Robert