PDF Converter-Developer Text Rotation problem

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
jim90291

PDF Converter-Developer Text Rotation problem

Post by jim90291 »

I'm outputting a page using the HDC provided by my developer version of the pdfconverter.

My problem is that text which is "upside down" on the page (rotation being 180 degrees), comes out right-side up (0 degrees) with the text reversed.

When I draw/output Text, I am calling CreateFont and setting the "nOrientation" value to 1800, to get the upside down font. However, whatever the text string is, it is coming out reversed, with no angle orientation.

Any ideas as to why? More importantly, how to fix it?
jim90291

more info...

Post by jim90291 »

ok... what i've discovered is that text which is converted to "polygons" are drawn correctly (probably because they're directly drawn by the converter HDC, which works nicely and is quite cleaver...)

text that is converted to "text" entities by the converter is not allowing 180 degree rotations. all the other rotations i have tested work, the only problem is with the 180 degree (upside-down) text...

thanks again for any help.
jim90291

last bit of info...

Post by jim90291 »

i've noticed that for my problem text, the text size is listed as being negative... ie 9pt text is listed as -9. furthermore there is no text angle for this text (its listed as 0). however, all text that's correctly displayed has a postive text size value *and* an angle value. only the 180 degree text has the negative text size and zero angle value.

hope this help you help me!! :)
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

To be able to help you we need to reproduce this issue.

I advise you to send all this information along with a small application that reproduces the issue you are facing to our Support Department support@amyuni.com so we can check it and help you.

Have a nice day!
jim90291

ok...

Post by jim90291 »

i'll see what i can do to create a small app... in the meantime, i'm using the creator dll to traverse all the text objects and manually change them to be correct, however, it adds time to the printing process, so i would like to see this resolved.
jim90291

however...

Post by jim90291 »

frankly, i don't understand why you need me to make an app (which i'd have to do from scratch), when i believe you can just recreate it yourself.

its quite easy ... goto Microsoft Publisher and add some text. Flip it 180 degrees and then print that page to the Amyuni Converter. You will get the error i'm speaking of..

thanks!
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Jim,

I don't need you to recreate an application from scratch if this is not necessary, I asked for the application because we need to recreate the issue you are facing. This is the first time in this thread that you mention Microsoft Publisher.

Unfotunately, I don't have Microsoft Publisher on my system right now to try this issue. So I kindly ask you to send your request to our Support Department support@amyuni.com, our technical support Engineers will try to reproduce the issue you are facing and if it is a bug in our product we will fix it as soon as possible.

Hope this helps.
jim90291

ok... but...

Post by jim90291 »

well, if you have any program that will create upside down text (rotated 180 degrees), you will recreate the problem.

my 6mo. support period expired last week, so now, it appears, despite a bug in the amyuni that *i* found, and am pulling thorns to try to resolve, (how about using microsoft paint to create upside down text), it appears that even if you correct the problem, i'll have to pay a 30% fee to get the fix.

isn't there anything *you* can do?
jim90291

unable to e-mail

Post by jim90291 »

i have attempted to e-mail several times, and i keep getting "unable to send message". something like:

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to hazel.stormweb.net.:
>>> RCPT To:<support@amyuni.com>
<<< 451 This mail was handled by an open relay - please visit <http://ORDB.org/lookup/?host=4.40.65.122>
<support@amyuni.com>... Deferred: 451 This mail was handled by an open relay - please visit <http://ORDB.org/lookup/?host=4.40.65.122>
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

does this mean the message was sent, or NOT sent. what shall i do? can you handle this?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Jim,

This would mean that the message was not delivered yet and the server will keep trying to send it to our e-mail address for 5 days.

I checked with our Support Department and it seems that they received your message now and they got back to you.

Thanks.
jevason

Rotated text issue sample app.

Post by jevason »

I detected this months back and it has appeared in the forum a few times since. Sad thing is I sent a vb test app in at the time illustrating the issue.

Never did get a reply.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Are you facing the same problem of rotated text? If you already sent a message to our support deprtment then you should have got a reply.

If you wish to post a new issue to this forum, please post it as a separate thread. If you wish to follow up on a request you sent to our support department please send me your request along with the date at wich you sent it to Joanna@amyuni.com

Thanks.
jevason

Any answer ?

Post by jevason »

Dear Amyuni

Do you have an answer on the rotated text issue ?

James.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

This issue was solved.

Are you still facing this issue in version 2.10?

Regards,