Collate ?

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Styx

Collate ?

Post by Styx »

Hi all,

We bought Amyuni PDF Converter Developer, but there is still one thing I haven't found (all the rest works, mailing, printing to pdf ...) and it is something called collate.
This means, when we print a report, it's printed in this order: doc1 page1,2,3,4; doc2 page 1,2,3,4 ... but we need it to print in this order: doc1 page1,1,1,1 page2,2,2,2 page3,3,3,3 page4,4,4,4; doc2 page1,1,1,1 page2,2,2,2 page3,3,3,3 page4,4,4,4 ... Any idea on how to do this the 'simple' way with Amyuni (like we used collate in our former product)?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I am not sure if I got your question. Do you want to use Collate when generating the pdf file?

Do you mean that you want in the pdf file to have the first page 4 times and the second 4 times ect....?

I don't think this is what you are asking for. Collate works when you want to print your file to a physical printer. The number of copies and the collate options will not have an effect on the number of pages in the pdf file, they will have an effect when printing this pdf file to a physical printer using our PDF Creator.

Thanks.
Styx

Post by Styx »

Do you mean that you want in the pdf file to have the first page 4 times and the second 4 times ect....?
That's exactly what I want ...
So there isn't any way to print the first page 4 times, 2nd page 4 times ... ... Maybe I was wrong about collate ... maybe it has another name ...
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

You can't do this using the collate option. I will add it however as a suggestion to our developers.

To get the result you want you can do the following:

1- Print each page alone while setting the number of copies to 3 and checking the collate option.

2 - Then you can append the resulting files using the Append function of CDIntf or the pdfconcat tool that we provide for free to our customers.

If you need further details please contact our Support Department support@amyuni.com

Hope this helps.