Problem to print EUDC via PDF converter running NT service

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Rainey.C

Problem to print EUDC via PDF converter running NT service

Post by Rainey.C »

I have problem to print End User Defined Character (EUDC) through PDF converter when I run my application as NT service in window 2000 server.

I am using version PDF converter 2.10 API in my VB application.
My application first create a Crystal Report object (CR9) then using PDF converter to print as PDF. Below please find the code captured.

Dim appl As New CRAXDDRT.Application
Dim rep As CRAXDDRT.Report
Dim cdi As New CDIntfEx.CDIntfEx

Set rep = appl.OpenReport(gReportPath & gResultFilename & ".rpt", 1)
rep.DisplayProgressDialog = False

gFilename = gReportPath & gResultFilename & ".pdf"

cdi.DriverInit AmyuniPrinterName
cdi.EnablePrinter "developer pro evaluation", Amyuni208Key

cdi.FileNameOptionsEx = NoPrompt + UseFileName + EmbedFonts + MultilingualSupport
cdi.DefaultFileName = gFilename
cdi.SetDefaultPrinter

rep.SelectPrinter Printer.DriverName, Printer.DeviceName, Printer.Port
rep.PrintOutEx False, 1, , , , gFilename

My report printouts include EUDC Chinese character, and it can be shown correctly if I just run the application within a window session. However, when I change the application from VB application to a NT service the EUDC cannot be shown in the PDF printout.

I don't know whether
It is the limitation of NT service to gather EUDC information from registry?
or
It is the limitation of PDF converter to gather EUDC information when running via NT service?

I serached throughout the forum and many webs but still with no luck on the solution.

Any idea is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rainey.C
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

It is a matter of Windows NT service. It doesn't run under a normal user context.

Thanks.