Using Amyuni as a container

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
paolo73

Using Amyuni as a container

Post by paolo73 »

We are currently using IE control to display images including pdf's, tiff's etc. We are experimenting right now on 1.) using the Amyuni PDF creator to do the same thing. 2) Converiing tiffs, docs, etc. to PDF using the PDF Converter. Are these even possible? So far, I have only been successful in displaying a PDF file, both in the designer and programmatically. I could only embed all other files as hyperlinks to the actual file. I have only done this in the desingner. If I can get it to work there, then I'll try to do it programmatically. Furthermore, It seems I can only convert documents in Word and Notepad to PDF. I could not convert tiff's to PDF.

I have only been using Amyuni for the last two days, so I am not very familiar with this yet. Can anyone point me to a good starting point to accomplish my task? Once again, my goal is to use the PDF Creator as a container. It should display the image, including the toolbar for the program that created the image. Furthermore, I want to be able to conver different types of documents to PDF.

Thanks.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I didn't really understand what you mean by using the PDF Creator as a container. The PDF Creator is a PDF Viewer and Editor it enables you to view pdf files and to edit them.
It will also enable you to create new pdf files from scratch.

The PDF Converter will enable you to convert your existing files to pdf by printing them to the PDF Printer. You can convert tiff files to pdf if you have a tiff viewer where you can open your files and print them to the PDF Converter.

If you are currently evaluating the products and need more specific details you may send your request to support@amyuni.com

Thanks.