printer error

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Liz H

printer error

Post by Liz H »

I am using the PDF converter, version 2.1 Pro Developer that came bundled with my Peachtree Accounting software 2004. It is supposed to enable me to be able to convert invoices so that they can be emailed to customers. When attemping to email them, I receive the error message "form printing cancelled because of printer error". It never changes into a PDF file. I was on the phone with Peachtree today for an hour and they could not figure the problem out. I think it has something to do with the PDF conversion. It did work for me on my laptop running win 98 but is not working on my desktop running win XP. I have uninstalled/reinstalle the software... any suggestions?
rushing

Post by rushing »

Don't know how PeachTree installs the PDF Converter, but I have one possibility. In XP, you have to be signed on as Administrator, or at least as someone who has the rights to add/modify printers, in order to be able to install a printer. That is how PDF Converter works. Now, there are two ways that PeachTree could install it. It could install the printer when PeachTree itself is installed. It could also only install it when you try to print. If it is set up to do the latter, then it will fail if you are not logged in as someone who can add/remove printers.

Assuming you aren't using an admin account in XP, I would say try and see if you can print to PDF while using an Admin account. If so, then you have solved your problem. If you are wise enough not to want to run as admin, you should be able to just give your standard id the rights under XP to work with printers.
Liz H

Post by Liz H »

I am the administrator... any other suggetions..
Liz H

Post by Liz H »

I forgot to mention, I figured out that the printer does get installed when I try tp print.