No Output Tab in Doc Converter But it is in DHTML Converter

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
robert_thompson_13

No Output Tab in Doc Converter But it is in DHTML Converter

Post by robert_thompson_13 »

Does anyone know what the deal is with the Amyuni Document Converter not having an "Output" tab so you can output your pdf to a specific tab?

The DHTML Converter does have this tab?

- r
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi,

The End User versions of all our Products (Document Converter, HTML Converter, RTF Converter, ect...) have a user interface and Destination tab where you can set the output file name.

The Developer versions of the products don't have a user interface and all the settings should be done from inside my application.

Thanks.
robert_thompson_13

Ok, but I'm using C++ DLL and I'm not sure it's working

Post by robert_thompson_13 »

Ok, that's kind of what I'm asking,

I have downloaded the Developer Suite Edition which installs the Amyuni Document Converter. I prefer to use C++ and call the DLL's but I'm not having a lot of success. Can you tell me 1st of all if the following is possible using the evaluation version (which I know only prints the first 2 pages)...For my demo I need to do this:

1. Install the printer under the name "Daily Report Generator".

2. Set a permenant fixed output filepath for the output that is generated to c:\printjobs\out.prn

3. Set the output type to PDF, then I have our database print a report automatically/unattended to the "Daily Report Generator"

4. Another C++ process I've written will automtically recognize c:\printjobs\out.prn and copy it to another file name.

4. Set the output type to HTML and do the same thing as #3.

5. Set the output type to RTF and do the same thing as #3.

6. Set the output type to Excel and do the same thing as #3.

7. Set the output type to JPEG and do the same thing as #3, but we will only print the 1st page of the report.

How can I do this with the Evaluation version of the Developer Suite Edition which installs as Amyuni Document Converter?

Can I set general settings from C++ DLL also such as page range to print?

Once I do a successful demo we will be purchasing the developer edition.

- r
rushing

Post by rushing »

Did you look at the "Common Driver Interface 210" pdf file that should be in the install directory for the developer version? It includes full documentation on the API and some sample code.

I'm using the ActiveX control from VB, but it would be possible to do what you want there, so I'm quite certain you can do it from C.
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Robert,

As mentioned by 'Rushing' you can find the needed information "Common Driver Interface 210.pdf"

If you wish to process the pdf file before it is saved to disk please check the last section of the documentation.

I am not sure however why you need to set the output file to Pdf, Html, Rtf, Excel and Jpeg and then capture the .prn file in all cases. If you need to generate pdf, html, rtf, Excel and Jpeg files, you can do this directly without the need to worry about the .prn file.

Specifying a range of page is supported by the application you are using to print and not by the printer itself. If you are printing to a Device Context you may not be able to specify a range of pages to be printed.

After checking the Developers' manual "Common Driver Interface 210.pdf", if you still need any further information please send us an e-mail to support@amyuni.com with some more information about what you need to do.

Thanks.