RGB colours corrupted in PDF.

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
jevason

RGB colours corrupted in PDF.

Post by jevason »

Greetings.

One of my customers has alerted me that the rgb settings for text and images are corrupted when put into the PDF via converter.

For example, open a word doc, add some text and set the text colour to RGB 29, 87, 160. Now print to the PDF Converter.

Open the PDF in Acrobat Viewer and use Pitstop or similar to check the golour of any piece of text - values are RGB 28, 86, 160.

The difference is not much for office/pc work, but it is significant if the document is purposed for print.

This happens with converter 2.08 - I have not yet tried with 2.10.

Is this a known issue and if so is it still an issue with 2.10 ?

(I suspect some rounding errors in the converter code - could you check it out pls ?)
jevason

Post by jevason »

Well, two years have passed and more customers report more problems.

This time the colours are still becoming corrupted and not following the colour profile selection in the PDF printer.

Would anyone from Amyuni care to comment ?

James.

<included the original post for old times sake>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings.

One of my customers has alerted me that the rgb settings for text and images are corrupted when put into the PDF via converter.

For example, open a word doc, add some text and set the text color:#FFA34F">colour to RGB 29, 87, 160. Now print to the PDF Converter.

Open the PDF in Acrobat Viewer and use Pitstop or similar to check the golour of any piece of text - values are RGB 28, 86, 160.

The difference is not much for office/pc work, but it is significant if the document is purposed for print.

This happens with converter 2.08 - I have not yet tried with 2.10.

Is this a known issue and if so is it still an issue with 2.10 ?

(I suspect some rounding errors in the converter code - could you check it out pls ?)
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

We already received e-mails to our Technical Support Department concerning this issue and replied by e-mail.

This inaccuracy is due to the way RGB are converted to pdf. The RGB values
are divided over 255 which give us a number between 0 and 1 with 32 decimals
after the coma. This number is truncated in the pdf files to a fewer
decimals. So when converting this number back to RGB a small difference
occurs.

Our developers are checking the possibility to lower this inacuracy. If this revealed possible it will be implemented in our next release.

Regards,