Problem with "Suite Evaluation Version"

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
mp_monteiro

Problem with "Suite Evaluation Version"

Post by mp_monteiro »

Im a Delphi Developper and i evaluating this tool.
My Delphi application need :
(1) convert microsoft word document to PDF.
(2) Merge(Append?) very PDFs documents in one PDF.
(3) To put additional informations in the PDF document created in (2) step.

Then i downloaded a version that contains "PDF Converter" and "PDF Creator", called PdfSuiteDemoEn.exe.
In addition, i downloaded the zip file tn07.zip, that contains informations about using this product with Delphi.

The install process was succefully.

Problem 1:
A printer driver was installed im my Windows 2000 Professional in the "Control Panel".
I have entered with License Code succesfully.

But this printer driver dont work. If i open an application and try to print a document to the "Amyuni PDF Converter" and error is showed.

Other question: there is only the "Configuration" tab. Where is another tabs?

Problem 2:
The delphi demo dont work.
(1) The Merge and Append only work to the PDFs contained in the demo.
(2) I have tested this demo using another PDFs and the demo fails with merge/append.

Whats wrong?

Question 1:
What the diference betwwen Merge/Append functions?
I want to create a PDF file that contains too much PDF files, as :
all_files.pdf = file1.pdf + file2.pdf + ...... + pdfn.pdf
What function i would to use?

Question 2:
What products i must to purchase?
There is only one developer.
There is 15 machines users that will to use my application using your tools.
Give the ammount (in american dollars).

TIA
Mario Pinto Monteiro
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello Mario,

If you are getting only the Configuration tab of the printer properties than it is either because you downloaded the developer version of the demo or because the printer wasn't activated properly.

If you have the Developer version of the demo than it is absolutely normal that you will not be able to print from any application on your system like Word or Excel just by choosing File --> Print. The Developer version is to be used only from inside your own application like the Delphi sample.

tn07.zip that you downloaded contains a Delphi sample that both activate and use the printer. This sample was fully tested before posting it online. if you are facing any problems please send us an e-mail to suppor@amyuni.com and we will double check this sample.

The difference between the Append and Merge functions is as follows: The Append function concatenate files one to the other: by example if you have "file 1" with 1 page and "file 2" with 1 page you will get "file 3" with 2 pages the first page is the page of "file 1" and the second is the page of "file 2", If you use the Merge function you will get "file 3" with 1 page containing the content of "file 1" and "file 2".

If you want to use your application with the PDF Converter and PDF Creator on 15 machines only from inside your application than you need the Developer version of the Suite edition. For more information about prices please contact our Sales Department sales@amyuni.com

Have a nice day.