Configure PDF Converter Prof. 2.x while setup

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
mlenart

Configure PDF Converter Prof. 2.x while setup

Post by mlenart »

I need to create a silent setup for PDF Converter Pro. 2.x and want to configure it while setup (Resolution, Advanced Options like Author, Creator, ...).

Are there any switches for the install.ini?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi,

There is switches in Install.ini to install the printer and set its name only.

If you wish to configure the printer settings at the same time you can write a script that both install the printer and configure its settings.
mlenart

Post by mlenart »

Hi Joan,

thanks for your quick reply. Please tell me how to make such a script. Which scriptlanguage do I have to use?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

You can write such script in VBA or any other scripting language. I will add here a vbs script to install the printer and configure some of its settings.

Mainly to configure the printer settings you need to use the functions of CDintf using either the DLL or ActiveX interface. For more details on CDintf please feel free to check the Developers' manual "Common Driver Interface 210.pdf"

-------------------------vbs script -------------------
Option Explicit

Dim PDF

Set PDF = CreateObject("cdintfEx.cdintfEx")

Set pdfDoc = CreateObject ("cdintfEx.document)

PDF.PDFDriverInit( "PDF Export" )

'Needed for version 2.10
PDF.EnablePrinter ("License To", "Activation Code") 'Replace License To and Activation Code by their actual values.

PDF.DriverInit( "PDF Export" ) 'To prevent the printer from being removed

PDF.Resolution = 600

PDF.SetDefaultConfig 'To be called after setting all configuration settings like the paper size and the resolution.

'Needed for version 2.10
pdfDoc.SetLicenseKey ("License To", "Activation Code")

pdfDoc.Author ("Lenart")

Set PDF = Nothing
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers.