Installation Problem

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
MarkXssl

Installation Problem

Post by MarkXssl »

Hi,

I'm currently using the Professional Developer version of the Document Converter Suite version 2.10e with PDF, RTF, HTML, EXCEL and JPEG modules.

I shipped the Installation Files to one of our customers using the following :-
INSTALL "XSSL Export Printer" -S

They are reporting that since running the installation on one of their PC's (Win98) that all of their Printer Drivers have dissappeared and when they go into "Start | Settings... | Printers" nothing happens.
On their other PC's (Win95), their main Printer a Cannon GP405 hangs their systems if they try to use it. The "XSSL Export Printer" isn't in the Printer List when they go into "Start | Settings... | Printers".

I have tried it on numerous configurations here and it works like a dream.

Anyone had any similar problems or any ideas ?

Thanks,

Mark Laybourne
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

The issue of the printers disappearing may be due to the fact that the spooler is not restarted after installing the printers.

Please try to run "net start spooler" from the command prompt to see if this will help.

Concerning the issue under Windows 95, I am not sure why the physical printer will hang the system, this may not be related to our driver. But if you are not seeing the printer in the printers' folder than you will need to start the spooler too.

There may be some errors occuring when installing the printer please try to run:
INSTALL "XSSL Export Printer" -P -S

If the problem persits please tell us what are the errors you are getting in the log file "Install.log" that you will get after running INSTALL.exe

I will move this post to the PDF Converter forum because it is related to the Document Converter and not to the PDF Creator.

Thanks.
MarkXssl

Post by MarkXssl »

Joan,

I believe the problem was caused by a corrupt or out of date spoolss.dll file. They have re-installed all of their Printer Drivers and the Document Converter and are now working fine.

Thanks for your help

Mark Laybourne