Citrix nFuse and DriverEnd removes printer

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
JohnB

Citrix nFuse and DriverEnd removes printer

Post by JohnB »

We are using Citrix nFuse and have installed the PDF Converter (v2.6) on the server. When our program runs, it sees the printer and allows the user to print to the PDF Converter. However, when the program ends, the DriverEnd() function removes the printer on the server so any future PDF Converter uses fail. We are using DriverInit() to initialize the printer so it shouldn't be removing the printer (correct?). Is there something else we can try, or can we just not use the DriveEnd() function? I'm not sure of the memory issues that may occur if we don't use it.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

John Bachman
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

You must be calling PDFDriverInit in your code, this is why the printer is removed when calling DriverEnd.

You can install the printer on the server using Install.exe and in your code replace PDFDriverInit by DriverInit.

This should help.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

We did run the Install.Exe on the server. The DriverInit function must be producing an error in order to have the PDFDriverInit function run (if DriverInit returns an error, it tries PDFDriverInit). The printer we created using the Install.Exe program has the same name as the one the program is creating/using. The program does work fine the first time, but then removes the printer when it ends. So future runs cause an error because the users do not have printer create rights.

I guess my question is, will it hurt not to run DriverEnd?

Thanks,
John
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hi,

If the printer is removed than definitely this printer is installed using PDFDriverInit.

If you want to keep PDFDriverInit in your code than you will need to remove DriverEnd.

Thanks.