Cannot print to PDF

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Styx

Cannot print to PDF

Post by Styx »

After installing and registering Amyuni PDF Converter, I can't print to it, it says the printer isn't available. Even a testpage doesn't work.
Does anyone know what I should do ?
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please activate the printer using the Activation Codes you received when downloading the demo.

To activate the printer please right click on it and choose Properties --> Amyuni Tec --> then click on the small square.

Please note that if you downloaded the Developer version you will be able to generate pdf files only from inside your application and not directly from Word or Excel.
To generate pdf files from Windows applications you need the End User version of the demo.

Hope this helps.
Styx

Post by Styx »

I know, but it still doesn't work. My program always says 'Cannot open printer'.
I create the printer in my program, activate it, call the appropriate functions for file handling in the beginnin of the program.
I delete the printer when my program exits ...
Don't why it won't work ...
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

The situation you are encountering typically happens when printing to a non activated printer. Please send a snippet of your code to support@amyuni.com and we'll take a look at it.

Thanks
Styx

Post by Styx »

It works since last week, it appeared to be a carriage return in the activation code.
It works perfectly now (except for the emailing part, can't seem to get that one right).
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

This is great.

Concerning the e-mailing part, please contact support@amyuni.com with more details and we will try to help you

Have a nice day.