Amyuni 2.05 and Windows 2003

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
bradc

Amyuni 2.05 and Windows 2003

Post by bradc »

For once I'm trying to get a head-start on our clients... looks like that was a wise move. We have the Amyuni PDF Convertor Developer edition embedded in our Delphi product, which works like a charm.

In Windows 2003 though, it reports an error message: Error Code: 1930 The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on (the message runs off the page) when trying to run the program (install the printer). It also does it if I run the Amyuni Install program too (outside the scope of our program).

Now I'm not slack. :wink: I checked the Local Security Policies and disabled the 'Devices: Prevent users from installing printer drivers' option (Incidentally: I'm the domain administrator - so shouldn't be any security issues) but no joy.

It seems to be that the driver is installed, but the printer can't be created.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience in this setup?

Brad
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please check our Technical Newsletters forum. We have posted a newsletter concerning this issue. http://www.amyuni.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

Hope this helps 8) .
bradc

Going blind...

Post by bradc »

I'm sorry to be a pain... but I'm suffering a serious case of domestic blindness. :shock: I can only see 4 articles in the Technical Newsletters Forum - and none of them seem to cover either Windows 2003 OR the error message I reported.

Could you please confirm the posting location...
Thanks
Brad
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

I guess it is my fault here :oops: I point you to the wrong direction. Here is the information you need:
Error Code 1930: Your Print Driver is not compatible with a policy enable on your computer
Source: This occurs under XP or Windows 2003, if the security policy "Enable installation of Kernel mode printer drivers" in the local security policy is set to off.
Resolution: Set this policy to ON (http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;282011) or upgrade to version 2.1 of the Amyuni PDF Converter, which has an additional user-mode printer driver that overcomes this issue.

Hope this helps.