Margins

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
netYoda

Margins

Post by netYoda »

Hi,

I'm using the PDF Converter to create PDFs (surprisingly) but even though I've set the margins to 0, it still creates a PDF with a large margin around the outside of the printed page.

Any ideas how I can get rid of this?

LC.

code :
amyuni.PaperSize = 9 '-> A4
amyuni.HorizontalMargin = 0
amyuni.VerticalMargin = 0
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Please call SetDefaultConfig() right after setting the margins.
Under some operating systmes the old settings are still used until you call SetDefaultConfig.

Hope this helps 8) .
netYoda

Post by netYoda »

I am calling it - setup code shown below

amyuni.DriverInit ("AMYUNI")
amyuni.DefaultFileName = pdffile
amyuni.JPEGCompression = False
amyuni.JPegLevel = 9
amyuni.PageContentCompression = True
amyuni.FileNameOptions = NoPrompt + useFileName + 8 + 32
amyuni.Resolution = 300
amyuni.PaperSize = 9 '-> A4
amyuni.Orientation = 1 '-> Portrait
amyuni.HorizontalMargin = 0
amyuni.VerticalMargin = 0
amyuni.SetDefaultConfig

Still get a margin of around 1" around the outside, even though the printer can go to 0.2"

Regards,

LC
Joan
Amyuni Team

Post by Joan »

Hello,

Are you getting the 1'' margin when viewing the pdf file on screen or when printing it to the physical printer?

Are you getting the margins on paper or on screen?

If you are getting the margins on paper, than this must be an issue with the viewer you are using to print the pdf file to the printer or with the printing process itself.

If you are seeing the 1'' margins on screen, there must be something wrong in setting the margins. Please send your code and the generated pdf file to support@amyuni.com

Thanks.
netYoda

Margins

Post by netYoda »

My apologies for this one.
The PDF was being created with 1" margins.

The reason turned out to be that Page Setup in Internet Explorer (the printing app) on the target machine had its margins set.

Reduced the margins but because of the page size on the web page, it looks pants, so kept it with the margins and it's roughly centred on the page and looks good now.

Thanks anyways.

LC