Alpha Channel on GDI Regions

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Untoter

Alpha Channel on GDI Regions

Post by Untoter »

Hey,

great PDF Converter but we still miss a function. Where can i add this Feature Request?

Many of our Customers need Transperency GDI Regions. We "simulate" them by calcing this transperancy by ourself and create huge bitmaps, which are memory and cpuload heavy. Some Printouts/Exports are break cause of this.

I found no information about this on Amyuny Converter. Do you support this?

if (!(GetDeviceCaps(hDC, SHADEBLENDCAPS)& (SB_PIXEL_ALPHA | SB_PREMULT_ALPHA)) || bIsMetaFileDC)
return false; // Transperancy not supported

// .. supported

Our Customers really need this Feature. Where can i send this request for future development? Is there any Chance that you support this in future?
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: Alpha Channel on GDI Regions

Post by Jose »

Hi,

This unfortunately is a fairly complex feature to add and we need to investigate the possibility of adding this to our soon to be released version v6.0 of the PDF Converter.

I will post updated information as it becomes available.

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
Untoter

Re: Alpha Channel on GDI Regions

Post by Untoter »

Please keep us updated. Its relevant for CAD Programs like ours and others need it to (if they print out over GDI / DeviceContext).