Filling a PDF (using FDF) - Encoding & Formatting Issues

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
mfaller

Filling a PDF (using FDF) - Encoding & Formatting Issues

Post by mfaller »

Hi folks,

i've implemented functionality to fill the fields of an existing PDF-File with Data from a FDF-File.

Generally it works, but in Acrobat Reader i can see two problems, which i can't solve.

- In some Fields the german special characters (äöüÄÖÜß) are not displayed (other characters are shown) until i click into the field!
- In some Fields the formatting (alignment, font-type, font-height, ...) is lost until i click into the field!

When i change the filled field-values a little bit (e.g. by adding a space character) and save the PDF-Document in Acrobat Reader everything works as desired.

The application is programmed with PowerBuilder 12.6 (but i'm sure this isn't really important). I'm using PDF Converter 4.5 with its ActiveX-Interface.
To fill the PDF-File i followed the suggestion in the Developer-Documentation of PDF Creator with the single steps (Open, Merge, Save).

Has anyone an idea, what i can do to avoid theses problems?

Thank You!

Michael
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: Filling a PDF (using FDF) - Encoding & Formatting Issues

Post by Jose »

Hello Michael,

I would first suggest that you download an evaluation version of the v5.5.0.3 of the Amyuni PDF Converter and verify if the issue still occurs. If it does not, then the solution is to upgrade to version v.5.5

If you are still able to reproduce the issue with v5.5, you would need to send your resulting PDF document, your FDF file and a brief code snippet to support@amyuni.com and we will take a closer look at the issue.

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite