Error 16

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
rbracken

Error 16

Post by rbracken »

Hi All,

We have had very little issue with Amyuni up until recently, where almost every print job we run completes to about 80%, then we get the following error, which I was hoping someone might be able to clarify/explpain?

"Error occured while distributing PDF file via Amyuno PDF Converter. 16 Error sending the data - Failed timeout for the answer from server"

I'm hoping there may be something we can do to fix the issue. We have the software installed locally on a number of PC's and multiple users are experiencing the same issue.

Many Thanks for any assistance
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: Error 16

Post by Jose »

Hi,
The error message you have indicated does not get directly generated by the Amyuni PDF Converter. I suspect that the printing application is generate this error message for a specific reason.

You would need to contact the developers of the printing application and ask then under what circumstances does this error message gets generated in their application?

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
rbracken

Post by rbracken »

Hi, thanks for your reply and please forgive my ignorance here, but is Amyuni not considered the print device here? Or do you mean the application sending the document to print?
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hi,

Yes the Amyuni printer driver is what is generating the PDF file but it does not have the capabilities to generate the type of error message you have mentioned.

What I suspect is happening is your application is generating a PDF file and then sending it as an email attachment. What is failing is the sending of the email and the error message you are getting is the return code from you SMTP server.

If this is the case, then I suggest the following.

As of version v4.5.3.9 the PDF Converter has had the ability to log SMTP traces. This is done by adding an empty log file into the c:\temp directory and calling this logfile “AmyuniMapiClient.log”

Once the file c:\\temp\\AmyuniMapiClient.log is created as an empty file, it will be filled with the SMTP log automatically.

You can send this log file to support@amyuni.com and we will take a look at it.

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite