Problem appending to PDF

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Sigi

Problem appending to PDF

Post by Sigi »

I am trying to append one page with the PDF Converter 4.5 to an existing pdf file (also written with the PDF Converter) by calling

SetFileNameOptions(4)

(SetFileNameOptions(0x2000) has the same effect!).
A 32-bit Program on a 32-bit Windows works fine, so does a 64-bit program on a 64-bit Windows.
But when I run a 32-bit Program on 64-bit Windows (Windows7 and Windows8) I get depending on the driver version the following result:

Driverversion 4.5.0.0: The resulting PDF has 0 byte size.
Driverversion 4.5.2.5: The resulting PDF is overwritten, it contains only the new page.
A tempfile (same name as the pdf plus extension .cat) with size 0 byte remains in the same directory.

Is there a workaround?
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: Problem appending to PDF

Post by Jose »

Hello,

I believe the solution to this issue is to upgrade to version v4.5.3.9 of the Amyuni PDF Converter product.

If you still have valid product support and maintenance, this will be a free download.

Thanks
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite