Printer not activated, error code -30

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
Kevin Petersen

Printer not activated, error code -30

Post by Kevin Petersen »

Hi

I have this software that have Amyuni PDF Converter included in version 4.5.2.7. I am not the developer of this software så I don't have the code for it.

When I try to convert to PDF i get "Printer not activated, error code -30" right away.

I try to get it running on Windows 7 64 bit but have also tried on XP where i also get the error when I push the Test page.

I have read in the forum and tried alot from giving access in the registry to making nul: port but noting seems to help.

It does seem like it it licensed. Would I get this error if the license is expired? (if possible?)

Is there a developer and user license? Can I check which one the software is using?

Hope you can help me get it working.

Thanks

Kevin
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: Printer not activated, error code -30

Post by Jose »

Hi Kevin,

The version of the Amyuni PDF Converter installed on your system is a special developer version of our product which has been configured to function only within the software package which installed it. The application that bundled the PDF Converter will do all printer activation and setup internally. The end user is not required to manually enter any licensing information into the printer,

Trying to print to the Amyuni PDF Converter or Amyuni Document Converter from any other application than the one that installed it will fail and a “Printer Not Activated Error Code - #” will be generated.

Example: Trying to print a test page will fail.

Although we wish we could assist you with this situation, our customers tend to configure, install and use the PDF Converter in very different ways. This unfortunately makes it very difficult to trouble shoot issues with third party users.

Thanks
Jose
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
Kevin Petersen

Post by Kevin Petersen »

Hi

ok so I can't test it using the test page.

But the application that should use it as an internal function also gives me the error -30??
Alexandre
Amyuni Team

Post by Alexandre »

Hello Kevin,

But this application have worked with PDF Converter before? When it stopped working? Was something changed on this computer?

Alex
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
Kevin Petersen

Post by Kevin Petersen »

Hi,

No I have never got it working:-/

The developer tells me he has it working on his machine but can't make it work on others and he will not spendt more time on it:-/

I hoped it was some setting or regfix that could make it Work.

Kevin
Kevin Petersen

Post by Kevin Petersen »

Hi,

Guess there is nothing I can try to get it working?

Kevin
Alexandre
Amyuni Team

Post by Alexandre »

Error code -30 mean that timeout expired.

The Developer's version of the PDF Converter requires that developers must programmatically enable the PDF Converter printer each time before they send any output to it. This is done by calling the EnablePrinter() function from within their application and passing it the "License to" and "activation code" values. The EnablePrinter() function should be called right before a print job is sent to the Amyuni PDF Converter. The EnablePrinter() is designed to allow the PDF Converter to start generating a PDF document from within 20 seconds of being called. If the printer does not receive a print job to process within this timeframe, it will timeout and the EnablePrinter() must be called again. In the situation where this call is not made, the printing process will fail.

So, I think you should contact developer to fix this issue.