PDF Printer Hangs

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
KeithF1138

PDF Printer Hangs

Post by KeithF1138 »

We have an issue where the PDF Printer occasionally hangs. It is with a process that runs once per night and prints a bunch of PDFs for the next days work. Most of the time no issues, but at least once a week the printer just hangs which causes the process to hang. Not even an exception to be able to send a notification to someone to correct. People just get in the next morning and the directory with the reports is just empty or only some of the reports can be found.

We have verified that the port is set to NUL:

The .NET Code to create the printer is as follows:

CDIntfEx.CDIntfEx PDF = new CDIntfEx.CDIntfEx();
PDF.PDFDriverInit(Settings.Default.PDFPrinter);
PDF.Orientation = 2;
PDF.SetDefaultPrinter();
PDF.FileNameOptionsEx = 1 + 2 + 4;
PDF.DefaultFileName = saveFileName;
PDF.SetDefaultConfigEx();

Then for each page printed the first thing done is.
PDF.EnablePrinter(Settings.Default.AmyuniPDFLicenseTo, Settings.Default.AmyuniActivationCode);

Version of the driver is 5.0.0.7
Jose
Amyuni Team

Re: PDF Printer Hangs

Post by Jose »

Hi Keith,

I believe you contacted support@amyuni.com about this issue and we resolved it with you?

thanks
Jose
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
KeithF1138

Post by KeithF1138 »

I contacted email support for other issues because I didnt have access to the forums.

This issue is still a problem. I updated to the the latest version (5.0.1.3) and it still occurred last night. This is very problematic.

We have the NUL: port although we didnt set it and I see no way to do this in code. We have the output going directly to the printer. Again dont see anyway to set this in code.

I did notice that when the printer is hung there are 2 documents in the queue to print. One has a port of blank and the other is NUL: . If I delete the one that is blank the other will print.
KeithF1138

Post by KeithF1138 »

Problem getting worse it is happening like every night this week.
Devteam

Post by Devteam »

Hello KeithF1138,

Our support team have been trying to contact you by email about this issue, can you please verify that our emails are not being filtered as spam on your side?

Thanks,
Amyuni Support.
Amyuni Development Team

Efficient and accurate conversion to PDF, XPS, PDF/A and more. Free trials at - https://www.amyuni.com
Alexandre
Amyuni Team

Post by Alexandre »

Email was received, just send reply with instructions.
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite