What does error code -41 indicate

The Amyuni PDF Converter is our Printer Driver that enables you to convert any documents to PDF format. If you have any questions about installing and using the Amyuni PDF Converter please post them here.
luckky300

What does error code -41 indicate

Post by luckky300 »

I have a customer who has installed our application on 3 computers that are supposed to be identical, but on the 3rd one it gets a Error Code -41. I have done all the steps recommended for the Error Code -30 but none have worked. I think it might have to do with the type of user account it was installed under.

Computer is WIndows 7 64 Bit.

Thanks in advance.
Alexandre
Amyuni Team

Re: What does error code -41 indicate

Post by Alexandre »

Hello,

Error code -41 means that you use wrong Activation Key in EnableDriver method.

Please check your code.

Alex
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
luckky300

Post by luckky300 »

Did an uninstall and reinstall of the my software and still getting the error. Over 100 installs of the software and this is the only one getting the error. If the end user is trying to install the software on a server or virtual machine on a server would they get this kind of error. Also, would earlier versions of Amyuni drivers installed on other applications be the cause.

Thanks in advance,
Alexandre
Amyuni Team

Post by Alexandre »

Yes, problem can be if user installed desktop version or had previous version of PDF Converter with the same printer name. Default printer name is "Amyuni PDF Converter" and it's better to change it for your application, make it distinctive. In this case you can avoid this kind of problem.
Get PDF Suite, the expert .NET developer toolkit for PDF conversion, creation and editing - www.amyuni.com/pdfsuite
luckky300

Post by luckky300 »

Had another customer call with this error and we were able to identify the issue. The click once app is installed. Once the user selects to generate report the first time the Amyuni Printer is installed. This user did not have administrator rights (the click once app should have full rights). When the printer starts installing they enter the Admin username and password giving it permission. The printer is installed but the registry entries are not created. Our work around is to go into the admin user on the computer and remove the Amyuni Printer (named "Audit Detective Printer") if it exists. We then install the printer from the admin and this adds the registry settings. The computer was a Windows 8 64 bit. Is there any way to get the registry settings to install from a non admin user on a Windows 8 machine?
Jose
Amyuni Team

Post by Jose »

Hello,

In order to resolve this issue you can:

A- Include the install.ini file with the correct "License to" and "Activation code" values in the same directory as the install.exe? The install.exe will read these values from the ini file. You will need to execute the install.exe with admin privileges.

B- You can install the printer and assign the "License to" and "Activation code" values to it by passing these values as parameters to the install.exe. Again you need to run this command with admin privileges

E.g.: Install -s "My Company Printer" -n "Evaluation Developer License"
-c "07ABCDA0ABCDABCDABCD012301230123.....".